Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

09 C300 will not start

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  eric242340 
#1 ·
I'm having problems with my Mercedes.
Car will not start, radio, lights, lock unlock works, but will not start. This the second time it happened. Last time was a year ago.
Car has 73000mi I have extended warranty but dealer it's too busy and will not be able to take it till December 4th.
Any advise?

#3 ·
It sounds like it's going to start, but kills it right away. I have been reading and it all points out to the eis. But I would not know for sure. The good thing is that I when I bought it I also got the extended warranty which cover pretty much all except the normal wear stuff. Break pads rotors tires etc.
The dealer will be able to work on it till December 4! Good thing I have another vehicle. I will post a detail report of what the dealer tells me, so other users can be aware of thing like this.
I notice people just report the issues, but very seldom they say what the problem was.

#4 ·
EIS is possible but from the symptoms I would say it is unlikely, when the EIS gives up then nothing happens in the run position sometimes and most other times it will start normally.

If your no start happens with a hot engine, the crankshaft position sensor is more likely. With a cold engine well that is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.