Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

delivery valve part number?

11K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  1998e300td 
#1 ·
I was replacing my delivery valve seals and all was going well until I torqued the valves down to 25 ft/lbs. Two of them snapped off bellow the o-ring. Luckily an easy-out removed the pieces. Does anyone have the part number for the delivery valves? It would help greatly so I can order new ones.
Thank You

#3 ·
whose insructions were you following when you did the job?

If for some reason you rotated the Engine while the Delivery Valve Holders were off it is possible for the Element Barrel to rise above the alignment pin in the housing and sometimes they twist a little. If they are the Element Barrel is not aligned and you torque it you can actually damage the Fuel Injection Pump Housing.

Any Bosch Fuel Injection Shoup should be able to get the parts; they would have needed the information that is on the Plate that is on the Fuel Injection Pump.

#5 ·
I will look at the proceedure next.
The reason I was questioning is because back in the old days I worked in a Fuel Injecion Shop for 5 years. And, I rebuilt lots and lots of Bosch and other Fuel Injection Pumps and do not recall even one time where the Delivery Valve Holders broke as you described.
And, that does not mean that I never made any mistakes either.

It very well could be that if your torque wrench is not a resonable quality it could be off. Made in the US, Japan or a quality Euro one would be best.
I have seen less expensive "click type" Torque Wrenches that would not click reliably and even had a Craftsman click type that started to do that (believe it or not another company offered a free Torque Wrench of their make if you turned in your Craftsman one and that is what I did).

On of the ways to post a pic is to select the Go Advanced button and below it will open up; Additional Options.
Click on manage attachments. If you have the pic saved to your hard drive it cannot be too large. When you click on the Manage Attachments Button it has a list of the various types of alloable attachments and the sizes they can be. For pic jpg and png has worked the easiest for me.

The; Upload URL is the one you can use if your pics are someplace like photobucket. You will need to play with them to see which works best for you.

I wanted to comment on something else. After the Fuel Injection Pump is assembled correctly; members of the other Forum I hang out at have often reported that they experience a nailing sound for about 200 miles or so and it goes away. By nailing I mean a sharp diesel Fuel Burning knock like the sound when a Fuel Injector is not atomizing the Fuel well; not a metalic knock.

#6 ·
I had the feeling it was getting to tight just when I felt a click that was not quite what it should be, so I did another, and felt the same click. After checking it out the valve I found the breaks. It was a craftsman click type wrench. I looked into getting it recalibrated, but too much money.
Who was giving away the free ones? I have an old craftsman now that's no good.
Thank you for the upload tip also

Attachments

#7 ·
It was Husky Tools that made the T Wrench exchange. But, that was at least 20 years ago. I walked into Home Depot and they had a sign posted. I when home and got my T wrench and exchanged it. The Husky at that time made in the US.

I would take the broken parts and the Torque Wrench to Sears and I bet they will give you another Torque Wrench or fix the one that you have for free.
After all the Delivery Valve Holders were supposed to be able to take the specified torque. If one broke that could be a just an odd occurance but since 2 broke it is resonable to suspect the Torque Wrench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.