Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Right side is lower after control arm change

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mitnworb 
#1 ·
I recently installed new pads, rotors, ball joints and upper control arms on my 03 S500 4Matic. Now my passenger front side is a little lower than the driver side. The Ride Height sensors are attached correctly. I am pretty sure I don't have any leaks as the car never goes all the way down. The pump sounds like it's working okay and the car goes up when I get in and start it. Is there any way to resync the struts. I do have the Autel DS708 scanner and I can see the airmatic system on it and make changes but I don't know what I am supposed to put in the fields for values.

I saw on some youtube videos people have unscrewed the air hoses from the struts to replace them. Is it possible to support the car and then undo the air hoses at the tops of the struts and then reconnect them and let the compressor fill them up evenly?

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I did look at the height sensors and they looked like they okay, not bent or anything. After your post I thought to take the wheels off and look at them closer and sure enough the right side sensor didn't have the tab in the locator hole to hold it in place. I reinstalled it and everything is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.