Help!!! My Mercedes ML320 Got Wet Inside, Now It Won't Start - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-06-2006, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Help!!! My Mercedes ML320 Got Wet Inside, Now It Won't Start

Help!!! My Mercedes 02 ML320 Got Wet Inside, Now It Won't Start.

Please help I am really worried. My husband left the sunroof and windows cracked open and it downpoured last night and all day today. Needless to say the interior dash seats and everything else were drenched. I drove the kids to school and all the dash lights lit up and the car kept up and down shifting til I arrived home. I immediately turned off the car, but it would not start back up. I am hoping that once the car dries up some it will be driveable again. I called the dealer who without seeing the car said the gearbox or something else may have to be repaired costing $1200 to $2000. Is this always the case or will it dry up and be fine. I am not familiar with MB's, and will pay if I have to, but do not want to if I don't have to. I am so devastated, and you experts always offer great advice. I live in Richmond VA, and have minimal to no options for MB repair shop's aside from the dealer. Please advise, I thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

02 ML320 Owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-21-2007, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have done that many times with my old ML230, have you checked any fuses, does the electrical windows still work? With mine it sometimes had to dry before the windows worked, but mine is a stick, so I never had problems with my gearshifts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > M/G/GL/GLK Class