2000 ML430 Brake Switches/Lights - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-24-2012, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2000 ML430 Brake Switches/Lights

Yes I know, after purchasing a ML 430 then reading these threads this vehicle is now a hobby. Abet a time consuming one.
I took the ML to Garff Mercedes to have the recall brake switch service done, before and after the brake lights do not illuminate and all of the warning lights are on in relationship to the brake switch.
Troubleshooting I have check the following,
1 relays
2 light bulbs
3 fuses
4 new brake switch...the recalled part

Is there another switch? I read somewhere in the threads Mercedes placed a second switch on the master cylinder on some models. Could this be true of our ML?
Both brake lights and the third light do not function. All other lights do 360 around the vehicle function as normal. Tail, side marker, directionals, back up headlights low and high beam.
Thank you all in advance for any suggestions.
BTW one week after our purchase from a car flipper, yes I know 2, we had to have it serviced at Integrity First Automotive in West Jordan Utah. I had through this forum changed out the crankshaft position sensor with no effect on the stalling and not starting. A check on the Internet lead us toIntegrity First Automotive. Damian Shaw is awesome and his shop is frankly better than Graff.
Damian and his crew replaced the faulty fuel pump, upgraded the filter and hoses and gave us a 360 review of all mechanicals on the car to allow us to make informed choices as to future repairs and preventative maintenance.
The price was less then the quotes from the dealership and was not cheap but fair. Follow up card and phone calls to check on the work was a pleasant surprise.
We then had the recall work done and found it did not fix the lack of brake lights! Yikes! Any help is appreciated, jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-25-2012, 12:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a ml320 cdi and i found that if you take the tail light bulbs out and replace making sure the contacts are made them somehow the light start workin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > M/G/GL/GLK Class