Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't Find Rattle

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  DG65gvp 
#1 ·
I have the worst luck with rattling noises coming from a new car I purchase. I can not locate this rattling noise I have been hearing ever since purchase. It rattles when the car is coasting and sometimes when it is coming to a stop. It is coming from somewhere inside the cabin and to the best of my ability to locate it, I believe it is somewhere in the front of the car.

#5 ·
I adjusted the front seat headrests, but the rattle still continues. I am afraid that if I take the time to bring it to the dealer I will hear the horrible words "unable to reproduce." Any suggestions?

#8 ·
I've got a slight rattle in the air vent in the center of the dash. If I press down on the vent cover (the triangular one on top of the dash) while the rattle is happening, it stops.

It's also possible for me to reproduce the rattle by banging on the dash, just to the right of the vent - you can hear some small plastic piece rattling against another.

I'll have the dealer look at it on the first service - it's not bad enough to make a special trip now.

Hope this helps, maybe you've got the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.