Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hybrid S400 cannot start

38K views 30 replies 5 participants last post by  esraerel 
#1 ·
Dear all,

Please give some idea, I have S400 Hybrid after motobike hit the door and all the side airbag exploded. I have installed all new airbag and module but the airbag light illuminated.

My concern that the car cannot start the engine at all, I have parked this car over 3 months and I concern if the hybrid battery will be damaged also.

1- How can we start the engine again after the crash? Any reset button ?
2- Can we charge the hybrid battery if the car cannot start? Through battery charger or something?
3- Can it be SRS light preventing from vehicle starting?

I have checked with the local garage but seem he cannot make it work again. SRS light still on because the SRS module is not yet code.

Expect to get some input....

Best regards,
SOmbo

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
According to EPC you have two batteries, a high powered battery in the engine compartment for the Hybrid system and a starter battery in the trunk.

You will need to take all the pannelling out of the trunk to find it. Do not jump start the engine and it is better to disconnect the starter battery and charge it first then reconnect to the car.

#15 ·
I am downloading team viewer in English but this may take some time. I am not sure that SRS is locking you out of start situation, it may be the electronic selector module needs re adapting as the TCU does not know which gear the car is in.

Connect star and run the short test and tell me what other fault codes the car has.

#24 ·
Now I understand what has happened, you need to locate and replace the pyro fuse as it is designed to kill all the cars power in the event of an accident. It is shown in wis but there is no location given for it, I suspect it is in the trunk near the battery and there is an image of it in the attachments;

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.