Status
Not open for further replies.

1999 c230 kompressor

12K views 23 replies 4 participants last post by  ReedM 
#1 ·
Hi, My car jumps or dies out when I try to give it gas - Help plse

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

#7 ·
He most probably used an OBD II unit and checked the drivetrain only, you need someone who can test the body, ie ASR. ASR faults will kill engine power and it does this for good reason, without the ASR functioning correctly the car is not stable under power.

I am fairly confident that if you fix the ASR/BAS problem the engine will perform normally again.

#20 ·
I was hoping you could help with my problem. I have a 1999 C230 Kompressor. This weekend I was changing a flat tire. While the wheel was off the car fell and the dirt shield behind the disk bent. After getting the tire fixed, I tried straightening the shield before putting the tire on. After the tire was on, I started to drive and in a couple of mintues the bas/asr light came on and the car shutoff. After waiting a while, I restarted the car. It idled for a while and then the same thing happened. The bas/asr light came on and the engine shutoff, the car was not moving, it was still in park. Is the problem the asr sensor, if so how do I fix it?

#21 ·
I was hoping you could help with my problem. I have a 1999 C230 Kompressor. This weekend I was changing a flat tire. While the wheel was off the car fell and the dirt shield behind the disk bent. After getting the tire fixed, I tried straightening the shield before putting the tire on. After the tire was on, I started to drive and in a couple of mintues the bas/asr light came on and the car shutoff. After waiting a while, I restarted the car. It idled for a while and then the same thing happened. The bas/asr light came on and the engine shutoff, the car was not moving, it was still in park. Is the problem the asr sensor, if so how do I fix it?
The lights coming on is most probably the wheel speed sensor for the side that was dropped whilst changing the wheel, the sensor is fitted behind the hub. But I do not know why the engine shut off, it should go into limp mode and not completely shut off.

#15 ·
Eric - merc c230K 1999

Hi
I finally got the codes read and cleared. Seems I am in a lot of trouble.
Scan ABS/BAS modules for codes. C1000-033 N48(BAS module) solenoid short to ground/short topower, or open in circuit 30. codes wont reset. History code C1207 stop light switch.

I replaced the stop light switch like you suggested and then had the above codes read and cleared.
ANy ideas?
is there a way I can just bypass or eliminate the ABS and stability systems?
THANKS
Joe

#16 ·
Hi
I finally got the codes read and cleared. Seems I am in a lot of trouble.
Scan ABS/BAS modules for codes. C1000-033 N48(BAS module) solenoid short to ground/short topower, or open in circuit 30. codes wont reset. History code C1207 stop light switch.

I replaced the stop light switch like you suggested and then had the above codes read and cleared.
ANy ideas?
is there a way I can just bypass or eliminate the ABS and stability systems?
THANKS
Joe
On your car the BAS is integrated into the ESP control unit and that is why you have no power, any faults connected to ESP will create limp mode. You cannot bypass these systems as they are integrated with the engine control unit and the transmission control unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.