A few Questions For My w211 e500 sport - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Mercedes-Benz Forum Mercedes-Benz Forum Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

BenzForum.com is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
jasinp

Vehicle: w211 E500 sport
A few Questions For My w211 e500 sport

Iv loved this car from day 1 and continue to love it. I know the exact sound of this m113 running through the rpms. Lately, iv noticed a louder whining noise that was never there. it whines louder as rpms go higher, its not a natural sound to the engine and keep in mind iv driven this car for 39k on my own. The power and torque is still present but not as aggressive as it was when I first got it. I looked at the intake manifold and noticed a thick tar-like gunk build up right above what I believe is the air pump underneath the Mercedes sign of the intake manifold. I also noticed that one of the pulleys (biggest pulley that sits low) are wobbling I believe it is the water pump pulley. when I drive really aggressive on the highway for a while then slow down to stop I hear a chirping sound (no check engine light). And I also like to mention that at 59k miles right now, iv never changed the transmission fluid. I apologize for the long text, but my question is, does anybody know whats going on from what I described here, any advice, should I change transmission fluid? some people say I will get problems afterwards. Im not sure what to do exactly and I was hoping for expert advice from you wonderful people. Thanks in advanced, cheers
jasinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > General Mercedes-Benz