240d more fuel efficiency - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Mercedes-Benz Forum Mercedes-Benz Forum Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel Discussion

BenzForum.com is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
lilu

Vehicle: Nissan
240d more fuel efficiency

Hi all,
I hope this is the appropriate place for this post. If it's not, please let me know and I'll move it. I seem to be in love with German cars. My dream car is a Ghia but that proved to be impractical for my current needs. I've recently discovered the 1980s mercedes 240d and 300d. To me, they are the perfect mix of charm and style. I'm hoping to pay cash for one and eliminate my current car payment. I've done some checking and discovered that they only average around 25-26mpg which is as much as my current car averages. I was hoping to get more mpg. Is there a way to do that? I'd consider biodiesel but don't know much about it and I don't live anywhere where I could have big drum containers around. Any recommendations for a busy girl who is a college student (and thus is constantly on a budget)? I'm hoping to get something with charm, and fuel efficiency, and I'm looking forward to learning to do my own oil changes etc... myself! Thanks for any help!

Kind Regards,
L
lilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel Discussion