Recently bought an w140 S600 Coupe and am curious about yearly maintenance costs - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Mercedes-Benz Forum Mercedes-Benz Forum Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans/Wagons

BenzForum.com is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
CharlesDallas

Vehicle: 1995 S600 Coupe
Recently bought an w140 S600 Coupe and am curious about yearly maintenance costs

Hello everyone. This is my third Mercedes and I am a very happy owner. My first Mercedes was a 1992 400 SE that had over 200,000 miles believe it or not. I loved the car and I did have a few issues with it that left it not running but I did not spend I think more than 1000 for repairs. But the car did burn oil very regularly and I constantly had to add oil. But it rode and drove like a dream and I truly regret selling it.

My second Mercedes was a 2003 sl500 launch edition. The car was beautiful and drove well and I got it from its second owner with only 48,000 miles and an extended warranty. The car was always in the shop about every other month.

Motor mounts 1100
Lumbar, and comfort open 2000
Gas tank because baffle came out 1900
ABC pump 3000
Alternator and battery I think around 500
Oil changes around 600

I loved the car but was so disappointed with the build quality( trim items coming unglued and falling apart) and i was not trying to spend 10k a year on a car I was paying on on top of it.

So I sold it and bought a 1995 s600 with 81k miles and its a coupe.
Thus far I have gotten an alignment 135
Oil change 125
I need a lower rear control arm bushing
I want to do a Fluid flush
New tires
And whatever my mechanic finds

Everything works great including all the electronics and lumbar. The transmission shifts are so smooth I can only perceive them on forced down shift.

One cause of concern is an oil smell I sometimes smell and the car runs warmer than i like at around 100degrees Celsius.

My mechanic said it would cost 5-6k a year to keep on the road. That seemed a bit steep to me but what do I know. He thought that that was expensive but coming from that SL which loved to be in the dealer parking lot, 5-6k is fine.

What do you average?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
CharlesDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans/Wagons