Ventilated seats? - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Mercedes-Benz Forum Mercedes-Benz Forum Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

BenzForum.com is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
beepster

Vehicle: ML350
Ventilated seats?

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and MB. Am in the process of completing my order for a 2013 ML350. I live in a warm climate and was wondering if the ventilated seat option ($570) is worth the money. The wife's car (Infiniti) has heated and cooled seats that work beautifully. I have read complaints on the BMW forum about the poor functionality of the vent fans but have been unable to read any comments from MB owners who have this feature. Also, I am insisting on leather seats (perforated) because I cannot imagine a MB without leather. This is against the advice of the MB dealer/salesperson who insists that the MB tec leatherette is superior. Any comments/advice is appreciated!
beepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
JJDoc

Vehicle: 2014 E63 AMG S
I have the 2014 E63 AMG S, and am disappointed to say the least in the ventilated seats. My wife has an Acura, which cools the seats almost instantly and very effectively. I can leave the ventilated seats on in my E63 and hardly notice any difference even after a half hour of driving. Very disappointing, when my wife's vehicle, which is less than half the cost, does a FAR better job. If you want to feel any cold air come through the seat, you first have to have the entire interior of the car at a very cold temperature, which then negates the need for the ventilated seats. Mercedes could have done much better.
JJDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:03 AM   #3
jaketec

Vehicle: ML500
Might not worth the extra cost. I know some guys who have them and they are not satisfied with their ventilated seats. Also, try to read some reviews from other forums and you'll see that there's a lot of MB owners who are unhappy as well.
jaketec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:50 PM   #4
Jamie42

Vehicle: 2001 BMW Z8 (soon to be Benz)
Not so sure about the US but you'll see most of MBs without the leather in hot climates.
Jamie42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > General Mercedes-Benz