Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

96 Mercedes Benz C220

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Lynn 
#1 ·
Hi,
I just bought a used MB about 2 months agoand it has 123K now. Due to fall now, i would like to find out do I have to like " Fall Tune Up" ?
Right now I have two problems with my MB C220. The first problem is when I brake to slow down my car to the traffic light, my car has a little bit choke( is that you call choke?) to slow down. Can anyone tell me what wrong with that?
Secondly, the car now 123k, do I have to change my auto transmission oil? Because I have no idea did the first owner change ot or not eh! I bought this car at the used car dealership.
I hope someone here can reply my answer.
Thanks.

king george

#2 ·
maybe some air is present on your hydraulic brake system. better bring it to the shop and have them examine it if bleeding is needed. why change oil? are you experiencing transmission problem like slipping? mb transmission oil is expensive but if you have some bucks to throw- do it! :)

#3 ·
also make some visual check on brake pads and discs and the connectors. if the pads is out of adjustment, loose connections of brake lines and air is present in hydraulic brake system it could cause soft or spongy kick. dont forget to take a look at the brake fluid reservoir for correct level. better check this things first before we can say its the master cylinder (hope it's not.) :)

#4 ·
MBC220

Hi mbenzoi,
Thank you for your information. I will bring it to the workshop to check my brake pad and disc as you said. you mean it doesn't matter to chaange my automatic transmission gear oil even my car is sitting at 123 km now! from what I know most of the cars automatic transmission gear oil needs to change at every 50,000km. so if i don't change there is no harm at all!
I have no regret to buy this mbc220 even this car is 4 cylinder only. the first owner really taking care of this car and just like the brand new car too!
Another thing is I am living at edmonton,alberta. as you know winter is here soon and our weather here is very cold eh! do i really have to do the tune up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.