Driver Door Panel Removal on ML320, 1998 - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Mercedes-Benz Forum Mercedes-Benz Forum Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > M/G/GL/GLK Class

BenzForum.com is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #1
geminiys

Send a message via Yahoo to geminiys
Driver Door Panel Removal on ML320, 1998

Guys,

Do I need to do anything special for Driver Door Panel Removal?
I do know that Battery needs to be disconnected not to trigger the Air Bag Light. Anything else? Any hidden screws? Should I start pulling the panel from the bottom? Does anyone has a diagram for me to look at before I start it?
My problem is a window mechanism is squeaking and I would like to lube it.

Thanks,
geminiys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2006, 05:16 PM   #2
Zewerr
Veteran Member

Being that it's a '98, it shouldn't have side airbags, right? Off the top of my head, remove the trim piece by the mirror by pulling out on the top. Remove the courtesy lamp on the bottom of the door panel with a suitable screw driver. Then remove the outer shell of the inner door handle. Screw driver would work, but you may scratch the leather in doing so. You'll have to pry on it with something. There will be two screws under it. If you do have side airbags, which you don't, remove the SRS badge with a screwdriver and remove the screw under it. Then find a place you can slip your fingers behind on the door panel and pull it off. Start with the bottom to make it easier. Then lift the panel up off the upper window seal. Disconnect all necessaries, and whala.
Zewerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
geminiys

Thanks Zewerr for the reply.
My 98 ML does have a side Air Bag. The only problem is, it doesn't have a badge. There is kind of vinyl circular cover (less than 1 foot in diameter) with indented SRS name that doesn't look like to come off easy as it goes underneath the door panel cavity. So, do I need to take the SRS cover for screws or not?
Everything else matches, with the exception to the door handle. It is plastic and there is no leather.

Thanks,
Old 09-11-2006, 11:58 PM   #4
Zewerr
Veteran Member

That's right. The airbag stays on the door. Don't worry about it. The door panel should come right off, leaving the airbag remaining.

Sorry, I'm working entirely off of memory, so it might not be totally accurate. I guess the door handle could be plastic, but I always remember ML door handles to be all leather, but maybe the older ones had plastic. Either way, if you look at the handle closely, you'll see the handle should have two halves. The outer one should pry off.
Zewerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #5
geminiys

Thanks Zewerr.

Something to work on this coming weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > M/G/GL/GLK Class