2001 E320 AC Problems - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Mercedes-Benz Forum Mercedes-Benz Forum Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans/Wagons

BenzForum.com is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-20-2007, 07:32 PM   #1
zukman31

Send a message via AIM to zukman31
2001 E320 AC Problems

I have a 2001 E320 that I just purchased. The pass. side vents blow cold but the drivers side blows warm. I cant get it cold. Is this a common problem?? Will it be real expensive to get fixed at the dealership? Thanks to everyones replys in advance
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2007, 06:02 AM   #2
KRK

You have a defective ACC DUO VALVE OR ACC MONO VALVE. You need to get this replaced.

with regards,
ravikumar
KRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:19 AM   #3
zukman31

Thanks for the info. Is this something I can replace myself? I need to get this fixed ASAP My wife is bugging the s%^& out of me about it. How can I tell which one it is ?
Thanks
Old 05-22-2007, 07:57 PM   #4
zukman31

Well just a quick followup... I took my Benz to the dealership to get fixed today. It was not the Duovalve. All that was wrong was they had to reprogram my climate control settings and everything is back to ice cold on both sides again.. He charged $75.00 for the test and $75.00 for the reprogram and fix it all. To me $150.00 is cheep compared to what it could have been... Thanks for everyones help.
Jimmy B..
Old 05-23-2007, 08:44 PM   #5
Zewerr
Veteran Member

Yeah, there's a few things that can cause this problem. A low refrigerant charge could also cause that.
Zewerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:47 AM   #6
E320 2000 Opale

I have been through this when my 2000 E320 was only one and a half year old. Warm air was blowing on the driver side and cold air on the passenger car. The technician didn't seem to know the basic cause of a low refrigerant charge and dismantled many parts to check for sensors. At the end, having less than 1 pound of refrigerant was the cause (normaly 2.2 pounds if I remember well).

It took many more visits at the dealer to discover a faulty expansion valve (rare on this car then) and replace the long high pressure hose and the dryer. The problem took 3 years to solve while the car was always losing it refrigerant very slowly. It has been quite a bad experience.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:16 AM   #7
raylee177

Send a message via MSN to raylee177
Very helpful information.
raylee177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #8
Leslie

Vehicle: 2001 E320
I just had the same problem with this auto; I took it to a mechanic (not a dealer) I have been going to for four years; he said he took the dash apart and made a steel pin to fix it and also charged it. 2 hours labor and freon= $300. Not sure i believe this remedy, could it have been the climate control settings? He said he saved me tons of money...two months ago it was an alternator and battery for 800. (radio, windows, blinkers were not working)
Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans/Wagons