Resetting the Module (1999 ML430) - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Mercedes-Benz Forum Mercedes-Benz Forum Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > DIY/Tech Help

BenzForum.com is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
Quest

Vehicle: 1999 ML430
Resetting the Module (1999 ML430)

The other day I had to get my ML430's door fixed because the latch mechanism was busted. It got fixed alright, but the repair was immediately followed by the fact that all my electronics don't work now. The radio doesn't turn on, for example, and neither does the built-in garage door opener. Someone suggested that I try and reset the module, but I don't have a service manual for it.

My question is, how would I go about resetting the module?

If not that, then does anyone have a copy of the service manual?
Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
bocabenz

Vehicle: 2000 ML430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest View Post
The other day I had to get my ML430's door fixed because the latch mechanism was busted. It got fixed alright, but the repair was immediately followed by the fact that all my electronics don't work now. The radio doesn't turn on, for example, and neither does the built-in garage door opener. Someone suggested that I try and reset the module, but I don't have a service manual for it.

My question is, how would I go about resetting the module?

If not that, then does anyone have a copy of the service manual?
Let's start by getting a better handle on your situation.

First, you've mentioned the radio and the garage door opener - when you say these items don't work, are they not getting any power or just not functioning properly (radio off or asking for a code?, Homelink LED blinks or not?).

Are there other electronics not working?

What about your key, does the remote locking system work properly?

I have a few thoughts but we need more information to get a better understanding of what's going on. Also, you may want to consider purchasing an owners manual online, it's a good resource to have...especially if you get stuck somewhere without a computer.
bocabenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
Quest

Vehicle: 1999 ML430
The other electronics are not working, but the car starts and runs just as it always has. The A/C runs. But just about every peripheral electronic device just doesn't turn on. There's no LEDs, and no response at all from the radio.

As for the remote unlock, it doesn't work. It hasn't worked for as long as I've owned the car (two years), and I replaced the key's battery, but I was never too worried about that.
Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:14 PM   #4
bocabenz

Vehicle: 2000 ML430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest View Post
The other electronics are not working, but the car starts and runs just as it always has. The A/C runs. But just about every peripheral electronic device just doesn't turn on. There's no LEDs, and no response at all from the radio.

As for the remote unlock, it doesn't work. It hasn't worked for as long as I've owned the car (two years), and I replaced the key's battery, but I was never too worried about that.
Although a technician I am not, from seeing other peoples' experiences with issues to the extent you are facing... my gut tells me that your AAM is on its way out.

I've moved your thread to the general DIY/Tech Help forum to see if some of the more technically competent members will be able to either reaffirm or refute my hypothesis.
bocabenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:58 PM   #5
eric242340
Super Moderator

Vehicle: S320 W220/Zotye 1.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocabenz View Post
Although a technician I am not, from seeing other peoples' experiences with issues to the extent you are facing... my gut tells me that your AAM is on its way out.

I've moved your thread to the general DIY/Tech Help forum to see if some of the more technically competent members will be able to either reaffirm or refute my hypothesis.
Your hypothesis is good and he should have a tech take a look at the All Activity Module (AAM) which is located under the main fuse box.
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > DIY/Tech Help