Question on Bluetooth integration on CLK320 - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Mercedes-Benz Forum Mercedes-Benz Forum Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > SL/SLK/SLR/SLS Class

BenzForum.com is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:00 AM   #1
endeavorusa

Question on Bluetooth integration on CLK320

Was wondering if somone has done the MB bluetooth integration kit with a 2005 CLK320 cabriolet? I was not sure if the bluetooth works well with
Droid Incredible phones and whether it uploads the address book on the phone.
I found a place that sells used kits pulled from leased cars for $510 and the new ones are $750. On the used ones, they give 1 year warranty.
Was looking for suggestions and if it is worth it as the aftermarket stereo will not allow use of steering controls for the volume etc.
Any guidance here would be great.
Thanks
endeavorusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
RedLiner
Administrator

Vehicle: 1993 SL500, 1998 SL500 pano top, 2005 ML270cdi.
Not with CLK, but I installed a Cark Bluetooth unit into the cradle where the old Nokia phone used to sit in my SL500, and it communicates very well with my mobile phone in Bluetooth mode.
All of the original in-car controls work with the system too.
RedLiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
endeavorusa

I believe in CLK, I do not have a phone installed. I have top install the MH1 kit which is quite involved.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
SLKStore.com
Supporting Ven

It's been our impression that the factory systems have some limitations on functionality. We have had a lot of success with our systems and have only have had positive feedback from customers who have purchased. We sell the itronic units. Here are some of the features for your car:

The iTronic™ BT handsfree Bluetooth phone solution works just like a Mercedes Benz factory installed phone system. It includes full caller-id display and phonebook use1 in the car's built in radio and instrument cluster displays. The iTronic™ BT kit is a solution that allows you to use any brand phone and allows you to choose any carrier you desire. In addition, it allows you to simply get into the car with the phone in your pocket, purse, or briefcase. When you start your car, the car will automatically connect wirelessly to your phone. It is the only certified aftermarket bluetooth phone system for your Mercedes Benz. Full integration means, using radio or steering wheel controls to dial, accept/reject calls, browse the cell phone's directory, voice dialing, etc1. In short, it is designed to work just like a factory installed system would. The unit simply plugs into the network connection that is under the cd changer in some cars or behind/below the glovebox in other models. Installation is straight forward and simple. It does not require any cutting or modification of the car at all, therefore does not void any manufacturers warranty. The unit is also completely hidden after installation. No unsightly boxes or displays, just like a factory installed system. Many people ask if the car needs to be pre-wired for a phone system...the answer is NO!!! With or without phone pre-wiring, the system will activate all the original factory phone functions intended for your car.

Let us know if we can assist in any way.

Stacy
Old 01-26-2011, 06:51 AM   #5
endeavorusa

Regarding ITronics

Stacy:
I have a 2005 CLK320 Cabriolet.
So, with your unit, does the CD changer still work? Does your include the ipod connection?
Also, if you can send me a link to download specific to my vehicle, I would like to look at it, also routing the speaker wire installation in a convertible.
you can e-mail me at barry.shah@gmail.com
Thanks
Old 02-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #6
SLKStore.com
Supporting Ven

I've sent an email with a link. This IPOD unit replaces the CD unit and is considered to be a DIY installation. It does not require cutting of the factory harness and is completely reversible if you sell your car. It includes an IPOD connector cable. This uses the factory radio and speakers.

Feel free to email us at info@slkstore.com.
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > SL/SLK/SLR/SLS Class