2006 S500 Transmission problem. 722.9 - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Mercedes-Benz Forum Mercedes-Benz Forum Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Forums > Off Topic/New Member Introductions

BenzForum.com is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
Itsdahapaguy

Vehicle: 2006 Mercedes s500
Send a message via AIM to Itsdahapaguy
2006 S500 Transmission problem. 722.9

I just bought this car and a few days later, all these lights started coming on the dash. When I pushed on the accelerator the rpm gauge would not go down.. I had to put the car in neutral so the rpm would go down. But when I did that the car jolted really hard. Then when I put the car in gear it jolted again.. It felt like I hit something when I changed the gears. I also noticed that area where it tells you what gear it's in.. Looks like the light is off.. I took it to the Benz dealership and they said it was my transmission pump and possibly the torque converter.. I replaced those, but the car was in the same condition.. All of a sudden When we tried to hook up the computer to see what was wrong . We couldn't get a read out at all .. Im think it's the valve body, but I could be wrong.. Does anyone know what it could be? If it is the valve body, I heard that Mercedes won't sell you the part unless you get it installed at the dealership... I'm not trying to pay like 3-4000 there.. Does someone know where I can valve body for cheap and it's for the 722.9 (7gear model).. Any info would be great

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

Last edited by Itsdahapaguy; 09-30-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Itsdahapaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
mystik4l06

Vehicle: 2013 C 300 AMG package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsdahapaguy View Post
I just bought this car and a few days later, all these lights started coming on the dash. When I pushed on the accelerator the rpm gauge would not go down.. I had to put the car in neutral so the rpm would go down. But when I did that the car jolted really hard. Then when I put the car in gear it jolted again.. It felt like I hit something when I changed the gears. I also noticed that area where it tells you what gear it's in.. Looks like the light is off.. I took it to the Benz dealership and they said it was my transmission pump and possibly the torque converter.. I replaced those, but the car was in the same condition.. All of a sudden When we tried to hook up the computer to see what was wrong . We couldn't get a read out at all .. Im think it's the valve body, but I could be wrong.. Does anyone know what it could be? If it is the valve body, I heard that Mercedes won't sell you the part unless you get it installed at the dealership... I'm not trying to pay like 3-4000 there.. Does someone know where I can valve body for cheap and it's for the 722.9 (7gear model).. Any info would be great

Sent from my iPad using AG Free
Hey i know its pretty late for a reply you most likely fixed the problem. If not well here is your answer. The problem you are having are 1 of 2 things. I cannot tell you which one SPECIFICALLY due to the fact i do not have the codes which are present in your Transmission Control Module. Its the Intelligent Servo Module thats next to the transmission which sends the signal to the TCM to switch gear accordingly to the input on the shift on the steering wheel. OR its the Valve Body WITH Conductor plate. These are 2 separate parts but work together with the transmission. What happens is on the Conductor plate is where the sensors are seated. There are a total of 9 sensors if i remember correctly. 2 are Trans speed sensors input and output. Once ONE of these go bad the conductor plate needs to ago along with it. This causes the hard jolts you described due to the TCM being confused on which sensor to pay attention to since it now has to rely on one sensor for input and output. Valve Body can only be done in the dealership because they are mated to the car by VIN. If you get another Valve Body used it will not work on your vehicle because its mated to the old vehicle. Once its mated it cannot be overwritten. Good luck sir.
mystik4l06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Forums > Off Topic/New Member Introductions