SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO UPGRADE RELEASED - Mercedes-Benz Forum
Mercedes-Benz Forum Mercedes-Benz Forum Header Right

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

BenzForum.com is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-12-2004, 09:11 AM   #1
PHAEDRUS242
Veteran Member

SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO UPGRADE RELEASED

The sirius kits are out! they are in short supply for 220, 215 and 211 cars, but all others should be easier to get. All '04 models except for the 203 coupes and the 170 cars are pre-wired, this being immediately evident by the presence of the "SAT" button. 163's manufactured before 10/11/03 are also not satellite ready.MSRP is just shy of $700.00 not including installation. I've got a couple so I imagine any other dealer with some pull would have them as well. Any other questions contact me...
PHAEDRUS242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2004, 10:13 PM   #2
peench

I've got an '02 C32. What would it take to get one of these installed? Would I have to upgrade my COMAND (my COMAND does not have a SAT button, only an empty space where one should be)? Thanks for any info you can provide!
peench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 02:45 PM   #3
Lynn
Veteran Member

You will need to get a 2003 COMAND. The blank button on your COMAND is actually for TV, but it is disabled on North American cars.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:48 PM   #4
peench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
You will need to get a 2003 COMAND.
Ouch... that's not very conducive to aftermarket sales of these things... Oh well, there goes that plan.

Thanks for the info!
Old 03-14-2004, 05:49 PM   #5
CL55merc

sirius sat. radio

have been trying to nail down when it will be availible from local dealer. some of them say may. some say they don't know. are these the same exact units. will they be able to install them, since they haven't seen them.
CL55merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 07:21 AM   #6
PHAEDRUS242
Veteran Member

the installation is much less complicated than most of the work the dealer techs do every day. on the new cars everything is already pre-wired so there really isn't much to it. even a full on retrofit would not be that complicated. if you don't trust your dealer, wait a little while so they can get one or two under their belts. more likely than not, the owner's car will get the upgrade as soon as the parts are available, so there shouldn't be much cause for concern.
PHAEDRUS242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 12:52 PM   #7
Lynn
Veteran Member

I mis-typed the year in the previous post. You need a 2004 COMAND.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:30 PM   #8
barry45RPM

Have you seen the antenna? Where is it mounted & what does it look like? Is drilling involved? Does it look "aftermarket" or like a "factory" installation?
Old 03-21-2004, 09:25 PM   #9
peench

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry45RPM
Have you seen the antenna? Where is it mounted & what does it look like? Is drilling involved? Does it look "aftermarket" or like a "factory" installation?
From what I understand the installation requires drilling through the trunk lid and the antenna is installed on the trunk. It looks like the same flat, somewhat thick antenna used for all satellite installs. How it looks will most likely depend on who does it.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:01 PM   #10
Capt_Paul

Send a message via MSN to Capt_Paul
Satelit Install on my 2005 C230K

I just had the Sirius satelite option installed in my car last week. $679 for the part and about 4 hours labor. Came out to $1178 in the end.

I have xm radio installed on my othe car (Grand Prix) and I love it. So far, I like the Sirius also.

The antenna is mounted on the trunk. It is about 1" wide, 3" long, and 1.5" high.
Capt_Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > General Mercedes-Benz