Mercedes-Benz Forum - View Single Post - What is a Standing Light??
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 12-19-2003, 12:42 PM
Mark08859

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: What is a Standing Light??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsberkey
They're what you and I refer to as parking lights, but here in the US, they would both be on. With this switch you will leave on only the lights on the side of the car that is closer to traffic, which most of the time is driver's side. I don't know if they do this to save battery power, or if it's just tradition, I just know that's what I've read about it.

Tim 8)
Pretty much on the money. It's a feature used almost exclusively in Europe. Many of their streets can be hundreds of years old. They are extremely narow by U.S. standards. The light warns other drivers on the road that there is a car in their path. The side of the car that might be hit by traffic is the side that is lit. You're supposed to be able to leave the light on for 24 hours w/o harm to the car or battery. This allows you to park the car overnight.

'08 C300 Sport/Barolo Red/Gray-Black Leather/6 SP/AMG Wheels/iPod/P2/MultiMedia/Tele Aid
'09 Passion Coupe/Metallic Gray/Black Tridion/Comfort Package/Fog Lights/Solid Roof/Clock-Tach/Anti-Theft/Navigation/Bluetooth

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome