View Single Post
post #1 of Old 06-17-2004, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
PHAEDRUS242

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
C 55

So last night I took a new C 55 home for a little one-on-one time. Wow. Mind you I drive an AMG 208 a good majority of the time and this little car seems like it would have no problem keeping up with me at a stoplight. Such a great driving car. I was worried that the driving dynamics of the 203 chassis would be compromised somewhat by the more forward biased weight distribution, but it was right on. The superb, linear throttle-on oversteer you got with the C 32 is definately still present, just quicker, although still very controllable. Overall, an incredible package. Stops great, handling is nice and just a fun little car. The new exhaust tips look a little cheesy (it has two sets of the C 32 tips), but the sound of the motor is much improved over the vacuum cleaner whine the 32's could never seem to overcome. It's sort of upsetting that MB has not yet gone to directional cross-drilled rotors in the front, as one side faces forward and one back, but I didn't notice any bias towards either side. The new hood looks good as well, barely discernable without having it right next to a lessor model (we had to line them up side by side to compare). Fun stuff. If anyone is one the fence as to whether the eight is worth the premium over a slightly used blown six, definately check this car out.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome