C280 Sport

Vehicle: Germans, American, Italian.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofaBish View Post
Hello all,

I'm a 25 year old from Pittsburgh, PA and looking for some information on a MB that i'm looking to maybe purchase. I'm in the market for a early 2000's luxury car, most likely with higher miles (90K - 130K) ... I'm looking at BMW, MB, Acura, Lexus and Infiniti....

Here's my dilemma... the 3 japanese cars are all very nice, and have a great repuation for being reliable, long-lasting cars.... the German cars, not so much... but i also know that people usually only get on the intenet to b*tch, so I'm trying to determine where i wanna go...

I'm looking at a 2001 C240 with 130K miles on it... looks clean as a whisle inside and out... honestly, one of the nicest cars i've looked at... HOWEVER, I am concerned with the reliability of the car and worried that it'll kill my wallet...

I know this is an MB forum, so i'm expecting to hear good things, but i'm also hoping for some objectivity.... What kind of problems do these cars have? are they reliable in the long term?? I'm only ever owned domestic cars, and i've always had good luck... change the oil and take care of the car and it lasts forever... I have a 410rwhp naturally aspirated Corvette (with a 150 nitrous shot when necessary) that never gives me fits and has been a gem... I'm not looking for a performance car with the MB, but i am looking for somethign that will stay on the road, be reliable, and not cost me an arm and a leg....

Any thoughts/help/suggestions is greatly appreciated!!!

Going to be 100% honest with you. 2001 C240 not a good idea. Run dont walk to the nearest exit. The W203 C Class was awful to start out with. 2001-2003 are just awful years with electrical issues. 2005-2007 are facelift models with a nicer interior. The reviews went much higher in 2005 for the C Class. I have a 2005 C240 I use as my daily driver all year. Got it with 49k on it and I have 72k on it now and I did nothing to it except rear springs due to poor roads. As a alternative car for the C240 look into a 2002 E320, E430 or E55 AMG. They can be had for very cheap now a days. Where are you located? Get a (PPI) Pre Purchase Inspection at a good indipendant shop and it could save you alot of issues.

Not much luck on my end with the Japanease/Asian cars we always keep at our other home in Florida Had a Infiniti Q45 that was always breaking down. Had a new fully loaded Nissan Maurano that stalled out 3 times while going 70mph on the highway and had a Hyundai Azura or what ever it is that overheated and stalled out on the highway. As far as your Corvette I have one too. 1991 C4 with 600BHP. No NOS. Google Robert Jenkal Tempest C4

~George H.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome