LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-20-2017, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2016 CLS550 4matic

Hi all,

Im new to the benz machine but better late than never. I have had a few glitches in my ride that have puzzled me to no end. First I keep hearing sounds long after the car is shut off. Most of the time its a clicking over and over coming from the fuse box under the hood. Next I fired up yesterday and now I get the AUX batt malfuncton. I replaced the main batt a last month as it was dead as a door nail. I went to batt plus and got a replacement and a friend said you should have gone to MB for that. I said MB wants $400 for a batt is it really that serious?? I will have to get that aux batt from them though.

I think something is not shutting down and it drains my battery but be damn If I know what it is. Scanner not telling me jack on that issue.

A330PYLT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-21-2017, 01:39 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 1993 SL500, 1998 SL500 pano top, 2005 ML270cdi.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Maybe it's the APU just like your Airbus

Being serious, have you tried measuring the current draw with a multi-meter?

You do not give your location, but if it's a 2016 car it should still be under warranty!!!

No trees were harmed creating this message, however some electrons were very inconvenienced.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-21-2017, 05:17 AM
R.I.P Always Remembered

Vehicle: Zotye 1.5T 2016 model
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
What type of diagnostic equipment are you using? Standard OBDII equipment is of no real use with MB. Change the Aux battery and take the car to a workshop who has Star Diagnostic test equipment ask them to do a diagnostic check using their equipment. You will be surprised at the number of faults it finds.

With MB a low voltage situation affects almost all the electronics on the car and a diagnostic read out with star will show low voltage faults all over the cars systems.

Once the battery has been changed and all fault codes cleared you will be in a good position to look for a power drawdown, and a drawdown is not uncommon on Benz.

And would you really allow cheap parts on your aircraft?

ERIC

post #4 of 7 Old 12-21-2017, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
LMAO I wish it were that simple Eric then I would just radio maint and have them come out to the gate and deal with it or MEL the the thing.

I bought this car as a fixer upper to sell but as I began to really put her together I fell more and more in love with it. Extremely clean inside 15k miles. Needed a hood, front bumper cover, cooling parts, and A HEADLIGHT which after all done I found that the one headlight was not working properly. LED light changed all the ballast still no luck. I have no way to really bench test it nor do I know how to even open up these assemblies so I just bought another one and it should arrive tomorrow. I put the other up for sale for parts on ebay. Watch some one buys it that knows WTF they are doing with this German stuff and says it works just fine. I have a multi meter and access to a Snap on Verus. I learned that this cars a plagued with issues of things not going to sleep thus killing the batts.

A330PYLT
post #5 of 7 Old 12-21-2017, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I will be in Madrid on the 26th BTW

A330PYLT
post #6 of 7 Old 12-21-2017, 09:49 AM
R.I.P Always Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by A330PYLT View Post
LMAO I wish it were that simple Eric then I would just radio maint and have them come out to the gate and deal with it or MEL the the thing.

I bought this car as a fixer upper to sell but as I began to really put her together I fell more and more in love with it. Extremely clean inside 15k miles. Needed a hood, front bumper cover, cooling parts, and A HEADLIGHT which after all done I found that the one headlight was not working properly. LED light changed all the ballast still no luck. I have no way to really bench test it nor do I know how to even open up these assemblies so I just bought another one and it should arrive tomorrow. I put the other up for sale for parts on ebay. Watch some one buys it that knows WTF they are doing with this German stuff and says it works just fine. I have a multi meter and access to a Snap on Verus. I learned that this cars a plagued with issues of things not going to sleep thus killing the batts.

A330PYLT
Ermmm you are not reading what I said, I have been fixing benz for the last 23 years here in china. Snap on is OK with American cars and others but a piece of junk on German cars. You have to use the correct test equipment for this job. The low voltage codes need to be cleared or the fault will be ongoing.

You see the test equipment is not telling you what the problems are. These cars are high on electronics and the computers store codes that will not let you fix the problem until the fault codes are cleared.

ERIC
post #7 of 7 Old 12-21-2017, 10:00 AM
R.I.P Always Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by A330PYLT View Post
I will be in Madrid on the 26th BTW

A330PYLT
I will be in Hong Kong at that time BTW.

ERIC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > CLK/CLS/CL Class