where to start with windows - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-28-2006, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
where to start with windows

Ok, i have an 84 300d turbo (w123). im new here. some of you may remebr me from other forums and recognize me.

anyhow

all my windows usedto go up/down. the other day i got in and my drivers power window wouldnt go down. the others did. then later on taht day the rear passengers side window wouldnt work either. oodddd!.

I am thinking. hopin it is just hte switch. Where should I start with this?

thanks

traivs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-15-2006, 06:05 PM

Nearly identical problem, will post if I learn more mysdelf!

Hi there, I have a nearly identical car, and I have nearly identical problems. What I discovered is that some of my windows aren't getting any power at all, then I went to the switches, and poked around. What I found (by swapping switches) is that all my switches were functional (all the switches are in effect capable of opperating the working window (driver side rear)). That pointed to me that the switches weren't even getting power. Unfortunately there is one fuse that keeps blowing, but a previous owner has lost the fuse diagram, so I don't know what it opperates.

Now with the winter comming this is no longer as much of a priority as it once seemed (summer) but I would love to hear from you if you have made any progress on your windows and what you discovered. As soon as I get something I will post it for all to see, it's just that for now I haven't got any news yet! (Guess I'll post this anyway)

Hope to hear!

Rutger
post #3 of 6 Old 11-10-2006, 04:39 PM

Window options...

I would definately start with the fuses and swapping around the switches to see if those might be the culprits. If not, then pulling off the inner door panels may be needed to see if its the regulator guide (they break), the regulator (they break and/or sieze), or the electric window motor (they fail). I had to replace 4 window regulator guides, two electric motors, one entire regulator, and the two switch sets on the center console to get all 4 windows working on my 82 300SD. Its not too hard of a fix for any of those.

post #4 of 6 Old 04-17-2007, 02:46 PM

I have a coupe with the rear window not moving- motor makes pleasant humming sound. I have pulled off all the access panels but cannot see if the regulator guides are broken or siezed- although I don't really know what to look for. How do I go about diagnosing and fixing this? Any ideas?
post #5 of 6 Old 04-21-2009, 07:23 PM

Newbie .... and a girl .... yeah ....
Anyway ... 1986 sl ....
windows won't go up and down ... replaced fuses in fuse box under glove box ... that didn't solve the problem ... also 2 fuses under hood in fuse box there ... still no luck .... is there another inline fuse that I don't know about? I don't think it's the switches because both windows stopped working at the same time.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-01-2009, 05:05 PM

Just an update ... ended up needing a new relay ... it was working intermittently so it was difficult to diagnois.

New problem ... anti lock light is on ....(eek)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel Discussion