Supercharging a C180! - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-07-2005, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Supercharging a C180!

Hey everyone i'm new to this forum and thought that this would be the best place to find out some information.
I'm the owner of a stock 2001 C180. my question is that has anyone made a conversion with one of these to kompressor spec (i.e supercharged) i have in my posession a blower off a C180 kompressor.
Now i was wondering if anyone knows if this is compatible with my car, is there any differences between a C180 and a C180 kompressor engine wise, if not is there a difference in ECU, injector size, compression ratio, manifold differences, or the need for a map sensor? If anyone has done anything like this or can give me any helpful advice please let me know.

Thanx for your help.

Cheers Quinn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-07-2005, 06:57 PM

There will definitely be a difference in ECU's and their maps. There is a difference in compression ratios. There may be a difference in throttle bodies. I doubt there is a difference in injectors. Does the C180k use an intercooler?

post #3 of 4 Old 04-09-2005, 03:52 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I'm not entirely sure, as i said i'm new to the mercedes scene, i was hoping that they were idientical so i could just do a bolt on application, i noticed that there is an air flow meter and was not sure if it required a map sensor to read positive air pressure. Judging by the way the blower is set up i believe it would require an intercooler as the exit point of the blower faces away from the throttle body, by the sounds of it if i was to to go ahead with this which i am keen to do, it may require the use of an aftermarket computer and i may need to put a shim in to decompress the compression ratio a little. any other thoughts?????

post #4 of 4 Old 04-10-2005, 10:44 AM

It might be cheaper to do an engine swap rather than supercharging your current engine. Another thing to consider is a turbo conversion from Mosselmann.

You will need to re-map the ECU not only does it have to account for high combustion pressures to control detonation, it will also need to control the bypass valve.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > DIY/Tech Help