Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

E320 4matic wagon - no air

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Noodles 
#1 ·
2002 E320 with no air is not cool. The EC button stays on and I cannot turn it off, which turns on the air conditioner/climate control. The system is not low on freon. There is a sensor that might be the culprit, but I don't know where it is located or what it looks like. If this sensor is malfunctioning, it would prevent the EC light from being turned off. Help !

#2 ·
The system monitors several things. You said it is not low on freon.

What are the pressure readings on the low side and high side ports. Too much pressure and it will shut down to protect itself.

Have you had the car scanned with a scan tool that can read the AC codes?

#3 ·
My tool won't scan AC codes. I don't have pressure readings. Can I use a tire gauge or is there a special gauge to test high and low sides? I was going to replace the AC sensor to see if that would allow the EC switch to turn off. But I could not locate the EC sensor, despite having a diagram.

#5 ·
Thanks for the link to the AC tutorial. Tutorial said that as my compressor is not cycling (because the EC light won't turn off), I cannot get accurate pressure readings. If I can get the EC light to turn off, then the compressor should cycle. My research shows a faulty AC sensor could be the culprit, and not allowing the EC switch to work. How do I get the compressor to cycle? Is there a way to by-pass the EC switch? Or??

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.