• 1 Post By buckstersdad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-19-2019, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
left rear door functions inop 06 E320 CDI sedan

My O6 E320 sedan window functions and door locks just now gave up and the window is stuck in the down position. Here's the details: I have intermittent communications between the modular door control box and the can bus. It has worked occasionally in full function, window directions, locking, etc. Now when I decided to remove the door panel and begin checking things out it has quit entirely with the window in the down position. I have purchased a used door module and it worked and I thought my problems were solved but it too is now not functioning. I have voltage to the door module, and also to the window motor. For now I would be happy if I could just jump the window motor somehow and raise the window just so I can drive the car.

My first plea for help would be for guidance just to jump the window motor and guidance to a source for wiring diagram for the door wiring. My scanner, (Icar scanner) shows the left rear module not to be connected at all. Physically I can see that all of the connectors are connected to the module, I sprayed each with electronic cleaner and checked for bad pins as per a prior post but I haven't determined what each wire and respective connector is responsible for.

All other window and lock functions work properly for the other doors and sun roof operations. If I can just get the window up I could manually keep the door locked as I have in the past when it would quit. I need this car to drive and not being secure when I park it is just not an option.

Thanks ahead of time for your consideration to my problem and any guidance you may lend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-20-2019, 04:36 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 1999 ML430, 2000 ML320, 2005 E500 4matic wagon
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I will try to find a a wiring diagram.
In the meantime check that flat ribbon cable. It is very delicate and can be prone to damage. I seen a couple that looked fine, but when replaced all functions returned.
In other cases the ribbon cable had a noticeable crease in it and needed replacement. So try to inspect it and see if it looks to be intact. Hold off on replacement of it until I can find a wiring diagram.
post #3 of 10 Old 09-20-2019, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks Noodles for committing to lend a hand. I have to say, that you may have something here. I discarded the ribbon wire in my thinking process because I believed that it just was not part of the direct data transmission process from the door module to the can buss. I will look at mine as soon as finish this reply. I do remember seeing some very sharp creases in it. I will put this new direction of thought on this issue now in the cautiously optimistic.

Thanks again and looking forward to hearing back.

post #4 of 10 Old 09-24-2019, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Well I found my copy of the official service DVD for the W211 cars.

It only runs under XP and Win 7. I have to get my notebook back from my daughter which has Win XP running with VMware.
I should have that by Saturday. It has the wiring for the entire car. These are going to be large files so private message me
an email address that can handle a couple of 5-7mb attachments.
post #5 of 10 Old 09-24-2019, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
window malfunction update

My current status has improved somewhat. I have been able to get the window motor to run it back up again. Thank you Lord for Power Probe. I am relieved that I can drive the car again, however it has been short lived. When replacing the door panel I accidentally dropped it and all of the force was on the ribbon wire harness and it tore it in two right at the module connector. So, now I'm in search of one. Local MB dealer wants $90 for a new one, so I thought I would spend some time tomorrow looking for a working used one. Looking forward to the wiring diagrams from Noodles. I also drive an 06 Chevy Silverado. I wonder if issues like this would be that difficult with that truck? In any case, as my Dad would say: If this is as bad as it gets You'll be just fine!
post #6 of 10 Old 09-25-2019, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Yikes...I lost a cable that way once also replacing a keyless go easy touch door handle.

If you have the part # for that ribbon cable handy I can get a place that sells for 30% off list and many times has free shipping offers.
It is a dealer in Naperville, IL.
post #7 of 10 Old 09-25-2019, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
wiring diagrams for 06 E320cdi

Thanks for the Naperville suggestion Noodles. I have committed to a used one I picked up on Ebay. Should be here either Fri, or Mon. That ribbon wire is certainly fragile but I can see why they use them. Low cost and it accomplishes many functions compactly. I can see why I'm not the only one to break one of those. The entire door panel strikes tension on that ribbon first if you drop it. I wonder how many employees on the assembly line caught grief over that by slipping up? By the way I want you to pass my regards to the Wisconsin Badgers for what they did last Saturday to that team up North! I have to confess I'm a Buckeye fan.

By the way I would like the name and phone # of the dealership in Il., if you believe they would extend that discount to me also. Please send wiring diagrams when you can. I sent my email address via PM, hopefully you received it, as I'm still on restricted status because of not meeting the minimum amount of posts. The way this thread is going I will have that requirement met shortly.

Thanks again
Noodles likes this.
post #8 of 10 Old 09-26-2019, 10:10 AM
Administrator

The Badgers do look to be a tough team this year. Michigan dropped from 11th to 20th in the poles.

They play the Buckeyes on 10/26. It should be a very good game.

The online MB dealers I use the most for genuine parts with great service are

www.mboemparts.com (Naperville, Jerry is my contact there)
www.mbdirectparts.com (Lincoln, Vic is the man there)

They both do a fantastic job. I checked and appears the free shipping pro,o is over for now from Naperville.
post #9 of 10 Old 10-07-2019, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well, as of this time not much has changed. I received replacement ribbon harness, but window still is inop. At least its in the up position and therefore the car is driveable. I once recall hearing that one of the car repair manual companies provided one day rental of their data base. I truly am in need of a wiring diagram. I find that Alldata, and Mitchell do not provide one day data base rental. I do have the Alldata DIY package but it doesn't include wiring info. Anyone out there with thoughts about how I might acquire wiring info for this car? I see the prior post from Noodles regarding a DVD with this information. How can I purchase repair, trouble shooting, and maintenance DVD's and who is the source? Frustration abounds!
post #10 of 10 Old 10-08-2019, 07:52 AM
Administrator

I did get my notebook back and the MB DVD does have the wiring diagrams. I am trying to export them, but when I do they end up way too small to read.
So I am going to try and get to a true Win XP/Win 7 computer and export the diagrams on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > DIY/Tech Help