LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-23-2019, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
infotainment screen is off when i start car

I have 2016 CLS550.
Lately I have noticed that when I start up the car, the infotainment screen is off.
I have to manually press the infotainment power button for it to turn on.
It was not always like this; I have noticed this happening for the last 3 months or so.

In case it helps in diagnosing, when I shutdown the car the infotainment screen is always on.
When I shutdown the car the infotainment screen is either on Navigation or Media screen.
When I shutdown the car usually I have my Iphone plugged into via USB cable.

Does anyone have experience with this?
What can i do so the infotainment screen is on when i start the car?
Could it be a fuse issue?
Could it be a battery issues (main battery in engine bay and/or starter battery in trunk)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-20-2019, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was hoping someone would respond with the cause so I could cause mine to be off. I hate having a bright screen in my face at night so every day I have to manually cycle thru the menu to turn it off.
Is there an actual power button on yours, or are you just pushing a control button?
All I can think of for now is maybe resetting the car by disconnecting the battery and let it sit for a bit to ensure any caps are drained. Just a stab in the dark but it's what I'd do. I imagine you'll lose all your radio presets and possibly all other settings, and I assume it'll ask for the radio code too, if they still do that.
What about turning the ign on but not starting? If you get a screen there then it's a clue. Like maybe if voltage drops too much during start and the sys thinks it'll save power by not turning that on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > General Mercedes-Benz