Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2010 C300 Another no start…

6K views 16 replies 2 participants last post by  wcsmith88 
#1 ·
Like many of you with theses issues I scoured the internet/forums/U-tube and even under rocks for a solution. Unlike many of you with ESL issues…I think I have something different and here is why. The vehicle will lock and unlock with both keys as normal. When I open the door, the left instrument cluster has the high beam light indicator illuminated and the right cluster has the fog lamps illuminated, orange/yellow on top and green just below it. When I insert the key the normal screen appears in the center. Upon turning the key, the ESL can be clearly heard…I also have a 2008 C300 and the sound is the same in comparison. Back to the 2010, as I continue to turn the key I get the full range of xmas tree lights including the warning indicator between the left and center instrument cluster. The center cluster begans to cycle through messages…airbag not functioning/tire pressure monitor not functioning/ESC inoperative… Other items of note, the headlights/tail lights will not turn. The radio, windows, locking and unlocking the car works fine but without the flashing lights indicating the car is being locked or unlocked. There is no clicking when turning the key all the way to the right for starting. Many of you may be thinking battery…my first thought as well…I purchased a new battery from Mercedes and checked it after it did not solve the issue…its putting out 12.36 volts. I swapped out the starter relay from the 2008 C300…all was the same as stated above. If there is another fuse I should check please be specific as to what fuse and its location…I’m at the point of towing to the dealership. I have also tried starting the car in neutral…nothing! Help!!

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
It was recommend that I use the icarsoft, as well however I had already purchased the Autel*319...it can not establish a link...I've tried repeatedly and tested the unit on my other cars with no issues linking up and giving me a readout. *I would think the Autel would at least link up as its Mercedes specific??

#11 ·
Well I have the MD805 MAxiDiag, unfortunately I got the same results as I did with the 319...Link error, failed to connect...tried 3 times with same results. I tried to run the scan mode a couple of times and got the following message, "no system diagnosis". Any chance the issue is with the CAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.