New 2005 C240 - Battery died one fine morning - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-14-2005, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New 2005 C240 - Battery died one fine morning

We bought our new 2005 C240 in August. It was due for first servicing this week. However, a morning of last week, I found the car wouldn't start. My wife had driven it from work to home the evening before and it drove fine. I couldn't understand what was wrong. The car had to be towed.

The servicing folks say that the battery died and that they tested for drainage over this weekend and everything looks good. They can't attribute a specific reason for the battery dying all of a sudden. They say that it is likely that the headlights were left in ON position instead of automatic! I can't believe a MB could have a battery drain for this reason ...I've got a Honda Accord whose lights I leave on and they shut off automatically.

Has anyone faced a problem like that? Is there anything specifically that I need to be concerned about?

Your suggestions would be most welcome.

P.S. I read a topic on "unwanted attention" for MB's and everyone's comment is right on the spot! The moment you mention that you own an MB, it evokes interesting reactions from family/friends/colleagues, not to mention how people treat you when they see you in it...especially gas-station attendants and even cops! A cop let me off on a speeding violation just coz I was in an MB!! It never happened when I drove a Honda Accord before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member

If your lights are in the on position, the lights are gonna be on. Regardless if the key is in, out, on, or off. That's enough to kill the battery overnight. I know alotta Subaru's turn off the lights if you leave them on. MB just never went that route. I guess they just thought everyone will probably just use the Auto mode.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-07-2011, 05:12 PM

Vehicle: C230
I have a 1999 C230 with a radio volume issue, the battery was disconnected which required me to enter the radio code. Once i entered the radio code all functions were restored however the volume function is not working?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans/Wagons