Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Power Seat Headache

86K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Rackson 
#1 ·
Hey Now...

My driver's side power seat does not move fore/aft when I use the door switch. All other functions on the seat/wheel/headrest work fine, and the memory function works fine.

Any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it? Can this be resynched the way the windows or sunroof can?

All the fuses are fine.

Thanks,
Al

#2 ·
With some Mercedes Benz models there occurs a 'Dead spot' with the seat adjustment.
If you have checked fuses try pressing the fore/aft button and at the same time gently try to push the seat forward or backwards. If it does start to move under motor power, when it reaches the stop point it should then re-set itself and hopefully continue working.

If not, suspect the motor :(

#3 ·
The fuses are fine. The seat does move fore/aft when the memory button is pressed. The fore/aft switch does not make the seat move, however, it does still have the ability to make the seat tilt and adjust the height.

The motor is definitely working. The issue is likely either the control module with a loose wire; the door switch; or something totally different.

Perhaps there is a way to resync the seat control similar to the way the windows or sunroof can be resynched?

#4 ·
Al, perhaps a visual check to confirm that all wires, plugs and sockets are correctly in place would be a good idea. Then check the continuity of the door switch with a multi-meter. I will try to find out the colour coding of the switch wires and post back into this thread later.

#7 ·
Thanks for getting back to me. I conducted a visual check of the wiring, it appears to be fine. The connectors are all fine.

I have never used a multi meter (but can figure it out w/instructions), so could you explain how and exactly what I am supposed to hook one up to on the door control.

Have you ever heard of just one function of the seat controller not working? The fore/aft control lever also adjusts the seat height, which works. All the other seat/headrest/wheel functions work fine.

#8 ·
Just one other question, looking at my Alldata information on your model, it shows two seat adjustment switches, one on the door and the other on the side of the seat itself.
Does the fore and aft motor not work on both switches?

#10 ·
OK, then looking at the circuit diagram, M1 of the M20 seat motor group, I would suspect a fault in the driver seat module itself N32/1. If the memory function will operate the the fore and aft motor (M1) then the motor would appear to be OK.

The passenger side seat does share certain common parts of the electrical circuit but does have it's own seat module. Assuming that the passenger seat operates from the door switch without any problem then this would also suggest that the driver side seat module is at fault. (see photo)

You could try swapping over the modules for elimination purposes.

Attachments

#12 ·
Mia culpa, I was taking my info just from the AllData circuit diagrams and assumed they would perform the same function.

I still think the problem may be related to the driver seat module ????

#13 ·
W123 seat in a W124?

hey there
picked up an 87 300TD wagon. love it, running it on WVO. my driver's seat is jacked and needs to be replaced. having been a 240 guy in the past, i love the simplicity of the 123s with as little power gadgetry as possible. since i have to replace this seat anyway, i would like to install a non-power seat from a 123 into my 124. i haven't been able to measure the rails yet. does anyone know if you can easily put a 123 front seat into a 124 w/o much modification?
thank you

#16 ·
2003 SL500 driver seat stuck forward

Hi All,

My driver's side power seat does not move fore/aft when I use the door switch. All other functions on the seat/wheel/headrest work fine, and the memory function works fine.

Any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it? Can I manually move the power seat? Its so far forward the car is not drive-able.

Thanks,

Tim

#17 ·
i was searching for the best baby convertible car seats and some issues related to them i found this discussion. i really want some suggesions if you have experience with babies car seats please guide which is the best convertible car seat for my new born baby which will be the most comfy and quality product for my baby?alsosome of my friends told me it is not safe enough for Newborn baby.Anyone has suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.