c230 engine #3 cyl misfire - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-30-2011, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
c230 engine #3 cyl misfire

I have a 98 C230, while driving, I heard some rumbling from the engine comparment, the engine run rough and the engine ck light came on. I had autozone put their analizer to read any codes. It read #3 cylinder misfire! The engine is up to date with all maintenance and I put new Bosch 3 electrods plugs last year. Anyway after autozone visit, the engine started and run smoothly and the engine ck light when off after 10 minutes of driving!
Should i just wait to see the engine next move?
Any, sensors or items I should be checking. This is the first time this happens and maintenance is up to date.
Adam

Aeroplane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-01-2011, 04:53 AM
R.I.P Always Remembered

Vehicle: Zotye 1.5T 2016 model
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
This is a wait and see situation now, pour a small bottle of fuel addative in the tank next time you fill her up, It may simply have been a little bad fuel. If it does it again on the same cylinder then it may well be a faulty coil pack for that cylinder.

ERIC
post #3 of 4 Old 12-06-2011, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
i do put fuel injection cleaner on a regular basis. this misfire situation lasted about an hour. it had not come back yet! i am assuming it might be a computer glitch or coil issue.

Aeroplane

post #4 of 4 Old 12-18-2015, 09:26 PM

Vehicle: 1983 300d
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Exclamation same type of prob. c220 95' cylinder 3 misfire

Hi, I'm having the same type of problem. After driving car for about 10 minutes on freeway, after slowing down to about 30 miles an hour then speeding up again, the engine misfires and loses power. I can still drive but slow to go to a faster speed.

I recently had Mercedes Repair station put in a new Evap valve. But, I've always kinda had this problem with acceleration the car while it is driving. I've noticed that when I'm coasting on the freeway, the RPM's seem to stay a bit high. Are the gears still engaged while coasting?

The car seems to work fine when it is turned on. I took it back to the repair place after they put in the new Evap valve. But, this problem is intermittent. They say they can change the coil for Cylinder 3 but they say they can not guarantee this will actually fix the problem. Cost parts and labor about $380.00

I don't like those odds. Anyone else have the solution for this problem?

could it be the spark plugs? The wire harness was completely changed out about a year ago. Cost... over $1000.00

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans/Wagons