LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 02-28-2003, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to scng
(Thread Starter)
Plan to buy a C230

I am planning to buy a C230 Year 2003 soon.
Q1: Probably will be Sport Coupe 2D, what kind of gas is good for it?

Q2: Also, currently I am driving a 6-speed shift, any advice for C230 on automatic/ 6 speed shift?

Q3: I have checked with the Kelley Blue Book about the Retail price for C230, which is very smiliar price to C320, which one is better selection?

Q4: Anyone recently bought a C230? If so, how much the out door price you got?
Thanks!

Q5: When C230 for Year 2004 will be out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-01-2003, 02:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Plan to buy a C230

Quote:
Originally Posted by scng
I am planning to buy a C230 Year 2003 soon.
Q1: Probably will be Sport Coupe 2D, what kind of gas is good for it?

Q2: Also, currently I am driving a 6-speed shift, any advice for C230 on automatic/ 6 speed shift?

Q3: I have checked with the Kelley Blue Book about the Retail price for C230, which is very smiliar price to C320, which one is better selection?

Q4: Anyone recently bought a C230? If so, how much the out door price you got?
Thanks!

Q5: When C230 for Year 2004 will be out?
A1: Use at least 91 octane. That is 95 RON for those of you not in the US or Canada.

A2: The MB automatic is excellent, even if the Touchshift feature is silly and hard to use. Some people have had problems with the feel of the shifter on the six speed and some have problems with balky first to second shifts. Most say the feel improves with a few thousand miles. Mine was a little hesitant on that shift, but is fine now. It will never feel like a BMW or Honda, but I am happy with it. The C7 package includes a short throw shifter, which greatly improves the feels of the transmission.

A3: If you are going to mod the engine, the C230 has much more potential more horsepower and at a lower price for those mods. If you are not into that, buy the C320. If it had been available when I purchased, I would have strongly considered the C320 coupe.

A4: You should be able to buy at around sticker not including taxes, etc. Out the door price is not really relevant due to the large differences in taxes, title and license fees from area to area.

A5: The 2004's should be available about mid-August. If your dealer is a favorite of MB, they might get some cars about a month earlier.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans/Wagons