LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-21-2003, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Buying a C320 soon, need some advice

Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy a C320 sedan soon, just wanted to see if any of you have any advice/suggestions on how to handle the dealers. I've gotten a quote on carsdirect.com already, and the price they quoted is $2000 below invoice. How much room do you think I have to bargain with the dealers? Oh btw I'm located in Northern CA.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-21-2003, 08:36 AM

post #3 of 12 Old 06-21-2003, 09:16 AM

When I purchased my C230 K we got the dealer to drop the delivery charges. This dropped about 1k from the purchase price. The vehicle was purchased for MSRP plus tax even though this vehicle had brought in from a far away mercedes dealer. Also if you purchase near the end of the month salesmen will be more negotiable so they can increase their monthly sales.

post #4 of 12 Old 06-21-2003, 12:43 PM

C320

It's great that you are thinking of getting a new C320. Its definitely a great car and I love every moment That I am in it. It's a beautiful car. I also have a BMW 325i and I have to admit that the BMW is more 'fun' to drive (although the 325i has less power, 184bhp as compared to 215bhp in the C320 and this lack of power is also evident...). What I'm not really happy about is the customer service at the MB dealerships (and I would say that I have the BMW and Lexus dealerships to compare it to). Recently, I have been hearing some rattling noise in the suspension and it gets pretty annoying without the music turned on, also I don't know how sever the problem is... I call up my MB dealer and speak to the salesman who sold us the car and he just transferred me to the service dept and asked me to call that no in future. Theservice dept asks me all about the problems that I have with the car and they ask me to come in after a "MONTH" and that's the best they can do. "Take it or leave it" attitude!!! I tried calling a couple of other MB dealers and they said the same thing even though I requested an earlier date... My dad drives a Lexus... and man.... they treat you like a king!!! BMW... they are alright... the salesperson is very nice and takes care of everything (he makes the appointment with the service dept for you!!!) and also willing to make adjustments to suit our convenience.
All I can say is that the MB C320 is a great car but I think I will definitely be considering the BMW 330xi as my next car (and the prices at BMW are slightly more negotiable).
These are the problems that I have had with the C320 until now (12000 miles). 1. The headlight washer in the bumper broke. 2. One of the lamps for the rear licence plates went out. 3. This rattling noise coming from somewhere in the front (probably the suspension). 4. The automatic sunroof would not work, then went haywire (the actions were not corresponding to the buttons), it got stuck.... wouldn't open... then wouldn't close..... but fortunately after a while it started working OK... so I don't know what to say....

Not that I haven't had problems with the BMW, but they were fixed before they could start annoying me....

So, all I can say is that in my opinion, the MB dealers are very very nice until you buy the car and then, I guess it's upto you and your dealer how you maintain that relationship.... I mean you have to be very very nice to them in order for them to be nice to you .......
if you have any questions..... don't hesitate
post #5 of 12 Old 06-21-2003, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the info guys, it sounds like overall the car is great, but can have some annoying little problems here and there. I've done a little searching on the net and other owners have complained about the same thing. Can other owners share their experiences too? Should I go with a 330i instead?
post #6 of 12 Old 06-21-2003, 03:34 PM

if these things don't really bother you, just go test drive them thoroughly and get the one u fall in love with....
good luck
post #7 of 12 Old 06-26-2003, 09:38 PM

I'm also planning to buy c320 and still doing research for the car. Can I know the year of your car?(dmad) thx.
post #8 of 12 Old 06-26-2003, 10:31 PM

post #9 of 12 Old 06-27-2003, 10:59 AM

Go drive them all and then decided, all new cars can have problems. I have a C320 coupe, no problems, after a test drive, have never looked back. If you like the looks and drive afte a test drive, in any car, buy it. Then use the forum to learn more and have fun.
post #10 of 12 Old 07-06-2003, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi guys,

Just wanted to give an update. I test drove the C320 sedan and loved everything about the car, so I went for it.

Brilliant Silver
Charcoal leather interior
C2
C3

Thanks for all the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans/Wagons