Dealer Problem! - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-04-2003, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Dealer Problem!

Well... I have a little nose coming from the front wheels, especailly eveytime i get into a parking lot, or go through a speed bump. So I brought my Baby-C to the dealer (02 model) to schedule a check up. Man... maybe because I am driving a C-230K, or I ware a day-to-day T-shirt... when I asked the question about the funny sound under the hood... he just give me that look and didn't want to talk to me! Felt so bad. The dealer that I went to is in Oakland, San Francsico Bay Area. Anyone has a similar experiance? Eventhroguh what I have is a used and lowest model car... man, at least show me some respect....

Seriosuly, I am very very disappointed with the servse... Can anyone recommand me a better one in bat area? Any.... once i send my car to fix, i need a ride... will they usually provide me a replacement ride??? What should I ask? Am I asking too much? or they just being a ass-hole?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-04-2003, 06:02 PM

Many dealers won't provide a loaner unless you bought the car there. The first thing I'd try is talking to different service advisor at the same dealer. If that doesn't work, talk to the service manager, then the general manager. If you are on good terms with your sales rep, get him involved. The service people hate that. As hard as it may be, keep your cool, and act courteously. Ask when you will get the customer satisfaction survey. That usually gets their attention.

post #3 of 8 Old 08-05-2003, 12:11 PM

I had a very similar experience with service. In my case it was the dealer where I bought the car. I felt like they were far more interested in getting rid of me than helping me. I can't believe that S class owners get the same treatment, so I figure this (mis)treatment is reserved for owners of the lower model cars. I made three tries and got nothing but frustration. The second and third tries involved the service manager. It became clear to me that their goal was to frustrate me into giving up. It worked; my time is too valuable to spend driving to the dealership so they've acheived their goal, they're rid of me. It's very unlikely that I'll go back for service......... or for my next car. It's a huge dissapointment for me; I really expected better from MB.

post #4 of 8 Old 08-05-2003, 04:38 PM

Re: Dealer Problem!

[quote="rib123"]Well... I have a little nose coming from the front wheelsquote]

Not to be a total butthead, but PLEASE! ... SPELLING.. GRAMMAR... I know we're not competing for a literary award here, and the board should be informal... but my God, I think we should at least appear literate!

Ok, off my tyrade now.. that feels better.

P.S. I never had a little nose coming from my front wheel, but I once had a small ear growing from the side view mirror!
post #5 of 8 Old 08-05-2003, 05:05 PM

try Autobahn in San Carlo, my experience there has been pretty good. And they give you a loaner car if you had you car for less than 2 years. They also have shuttle service. Give it a try.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-25-2003, 06:38 PM
wva

bought my C230 coupe' from Astorg motors in Parkersburg WV
had I purchased an S class I could'nt have been treated any finer
post #7 of 8 Old 10-28-2003, 08:44 PM

C230 Service Quality

Hi,

Maybe I have been incredibly lucky but, with my former 300E and now my 2003 C230, I have always received excellent service and have been treated very well. My service consultant prefers I call about 2 weeks in advance for a regular service appointment so he can reserve one of his loaner Benz's. I have noted this before and so has Lynn and others: you have to be forceful but polite. If you get the 'gears' from Service,speak with the Service Manager. If that doesnt produce results speak with the General Manager. That should do the trick. I doubt that it has anything to do with owning a Benz in Canada!
If the dealer is really terrible, contact Mercedes HQ. Good service has nothing to do with whether you have a C, E, S or other class Benz. A Benz is a Benz. Have faith.
A smart dealer wants your return business and, another sale later.

Al
post #8 of 8 Old 10-29-2003, 10:41 AM

noise

At 28,000m my c230 had a similar noise at low speeds. They replaced my front sway bar, link, and bearings. It fixed the problem. I bet that what you got.

benzorider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans/Wagons