2005 C Class update - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-24-2004, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2005 C Class update

So this morning, I arrive to the office to see the '05 C updates are in. Wow. Seriously, the interior on this car is officially worthy of the MB moniker. It resembles a baby S Class and is light years beyond the previous incarnation. If anyone is on the fence over an '04/'05, wait until you see the '05 you will kick yourself for doing otherwise. I was never really impressed with the 203 interiors, but they truly look world class now. I definately recommend getting out to your dealer just to check them out. Have yet to get a 55 in (this was a 230 sport sedan model), but am very excited to see how the update will affect them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-24-2004, 06:22 PM

I saw the new interiors at the C-spot party. I like them a lot. I wish the instument cluster could be retro-fitted to my coupe.

post #3 of 7 Old 05-29-2004, 12:32 PM

2005 thoughts

I think overall they did a great job with the C230 sedan (the only one I've seen), but two things bug me. I wish the speedometer and the revmeter would switch since to me it makes more sense to have the revmeter to your left and the speedometer to your right (but maybe I'll get used to this configuration). The other thing is the plastic cover over the radio - kind of cheap feeling and I wonder if it will pop off after a few thousand miles.

Granted these things are all personal peeves and won't really matter much. What I think MB did really great on is that now a single CD player comes standard (yeah!), the aluminum trim looks great (check out the shifter - awesome!) and although I would have liked a cover over the cupholder(s) it certainly seems less flimsy than the current one(s).

Exterior there are no complaints. I love the look of the car, and plan on getting one by the end of the year. I'm yet to see the color combo that I want though (black exterior, sand interior with alu AND wood trim).

Overall, the 05 C looks better than the 04, inside and out.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-10-2004, 12:55 PM

I don't understand all the complaints about the 2004 C230K's interior. I think the 04 looks great. I have not seen the 05 but 99.9 percent of the time I am the only one who sees the interior daily anyway. I love the 04 interior. What is the big changes with the interior and exterior? From the MB site the exterior looks the same. All I can say is my 04 230K sedan Mars Red is an awesome car!
Steve
post #5 of 7 Old 06-10-2004, 01:40 PM

I kind of agree with you. I have a 2002 C230 with absolutely no optional equipment other than auto tranny, and I think it's great on so many levels. No complaints from me.

However, the changes made to the 2005 C class are an improvement. First off, the CD player that's standard is well overdue. I like the new gauge cluster and the aluminum trim, as well as the redesigned cupholder. But none of it is "vastly superior" to the old style. It's just different, not necessarily better.

As far as exterior styling goes, I've only seen the C230 sedan. It looks very much like a C32 from the front. The changes are very minor, but it does enhance the sportiness of the car. Not a lot, just enough. Honestly, unless you know what to look for it's hard to see any difference. Personally I also like the 5 spoke aluminum wheels over the 7 spoke ones with all the little bolt-heads around the rim. It looks less "messy", but again that's just my opinion.

All in all, the changes to the exterior are slight but enough to enhance the look a little. The interior is more noticable, but not necessarily better - just different. My wife likes the old style better, I like the new.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-10-2004, 08:07 PM

The best change for 2005 is the faster steering rack.

post #7 of 7 Old 06-11-2004, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
The best change for 2005 is the faster steering rack.
We'll see how those radial seals hold up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans/Wagons