C 55 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-17-2004, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
C 55

So last night I took a new C 55 home for a little one-on-one time. Wow. Mind you I drive an AMG 208 a good majority of the time and this little car seems like it would have no problem keeping up with me at a stoplight. Such a great driving car. I was worried that the driving dynamics of the 203 chassis would be compromised somewhat by the more forward biased weight distribution, but it was right on. The superb, linear throttle-on oversteer you got with the C 32 is definately still present, just quicker, although still very controllable. Overall, an incredible package. Stops great, handling is nice and just a fun little car. The new exhaust tips look a little cheesy (it has two sets of the C 32 tips), but the sound of the motor is much improved over the vacuum cleaner whine the 32's could never seem to overcome. It's sort of upsetting that MB has not yet gone to directional cross-drilled rotors in the front, as one side faces forward and one back, but I didn't notice any bias towards either side. The new hood looks good as well, barely discernable without having it right next to a lessor model (we had to line them up side by side to compare). Fun stuff. If anyone is one the fence as to whether the eight is worth the premium over a slightly used blown six, definately check this car out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-21-2004, 07:42 PM

Thanks for the info. The rumors had the C55 getting the same front end as the CLK. What is the base MSRP?

post #3 of 8 Old 06-25-2004, 07:44 AM

MSRP is $53,900 plus $1,300 Gas Guzzler Tax....my car came in around $61K

post #4 of 8 Old 06-25-2004, 12:34 PM

Congrats of the car, Nick.

post #5 of 8 Old 06-25-2004, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Have fun with your new ride. I'm going to have to start looking for more power out of my 208 if I expect to keep up with you. Congrats...

post #6 of 8 Old 06-25-2004, 01:18 PM

Thanks....my purchase is contingent on the C55 outperforming my C43, does not make sense to spend $60K if the 43 outperforms the 55....we'll see in a couple weeks
post #7 of 8 Old 06-25-2004, 03:45 PM

That's why I never bought a C32, but I'm pretty confident the V* in the 55 will make the difference....
post #8 of 8 Old 06-26-2004, 05:53 PM

My car came in today....will take delivery on Tuesday, but did get to drive it, still had the cardboard on the doors and the plastic on the seats......all I can say is UNBELIAVABLE!!!!

It ended up coming in without the COMMAND and DVD-NAV which is fine with me, saves me $3300 and I would not have ordered it if I placed a special orer anyway.

Now I just have to decide if I'm keeping the C43 or getting rid of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans/Wagons