hello, Im new....a honda owner thinking about moving to MB - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-18-2004, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
hello, Im new....a honda owner thinking about moving to MB

hello. i currently own 2001 Accord 4cylinder and i've been having issues with rattles and interior noises.....
so im thinking about moving to finely engineered german cars instead of japanese cars
i really wanted to get E320 but I figured out that i'm not rich enough for it
so I'm gonna go with C230 sedan with 6 speed
i've been looking at its spec and noticed that this car has 1.8 liter engine
I know MB V8s have nice growl to it
I m not saying im looking for the same sound in C230 but
does it have a nice engine and exhaust sound as well??
someone can post a soundclip perhaps?
Thanks a million!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-19-2004, 09:36 AM

Welcome to the forum.

The C230's exhaust is really pretty quiet. The resonators and mufflers on German four cylinder cars are tuned to produce a lower pitched exhaust not than most Japanese four cylinders. There are a variety of aftermarket exhausts to get the sound and loudness you like. Just be aware that these will be much more expensive than the parts you can buy for Japanese cars.

post #3 of 5 Old 10-20-2004, 05:54 AM

To be honest, if you're buying a car for sound, go for a Mustang or an Integra with a Mugen exhaust.

The C230 is quiet on the inside. The exhaust tone is definitely not one to wax poetic about. It's more like the rest of the car - efficient, composed, respectable.

When idling, the supercharger has a cheap, 'tinny' sound to it, which tends to make the car sound like a Hyundai (although this sound is completely inaudible in the interior). On the road, the 'tinny' sound disappears.

Contrasting the Benz with the Accord, you'll notice a world of difference:
- Solid structure of the Benz compared to relatively 'flexible' structure of Honda
- Firmer control action in the Benz, compared to very light steering, brakes, throttle, clutch, shifter in th Honda
- Much more composed ride in the Benz, compared to relatively 'bouncy' ride in the Accord (especially from the rear)
- Much better handling of the Benz, compared to the varying measures of understeer in the Honda
- More trips to the dealer for service with the Benz (even though the problems are relatively minor . . . more like annoyances), compared to the almost zero-defect delivery state of most Hondas
- More expensive aftermarket parts (and limited availability) for the Benz, compared to a massive aftermarket for Honda parts.
- Valets will park your new Benz closer to the door than they would the Honda

Both are fine cars, but for completely different reasons.

post #4 of 5 Old 10-20-2004, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatre
- More trips to the dealer for service with the Benz (even though the problems are relatively minor . . . more like annoyances), compared to the almost zero-defect delivery state of most Hondas....
yeah right....I lived in the dealership to fix rattles in my accord but it still rattles...BTW I would like the firmer feel of the steering wheel. my honda's steering wheel is too light. I'm gonna test drive the benz this weekend
Thank you guys
post #5 of 5 Old 10-20-2004, 07:54 AM

The Honda steering is lighter than the Mercedes? I think the Mercedes steering is overboost while being too slow. The 2005's are supposed to have quicker steering.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Enthusiasts Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans/Wagons