Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Which tire would you go for?

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  mowog 
G
#1 ·
I took my '87 300E to the dealer for a thorough wheel alignment because the car has been quite uncontrollable at speed, even though all steering and suspention parts are new. They tell me that there's no proble with the alignment, and the problem is that the Falken Ziex 512s I installed months ago are bad, probably due to poor storage. Now I need new tires. I think my tires are still under warranty, but I've seen the way the Falken dealer stacked tires on top of one another, and I should've known better than to buy there in the first place. The 512's are excellent tires, but I don't want to have them replaced even under warranty, simply because of bad storage. So now I'm looking at either Toyo Proxes TPT or Hankook Ventus HRII H405. What are your experiences with the two? The Toyo is either H or V rated (I'm not sure which one is available in Saudi Arabia), and the Hankook is V rated.

TIA,
Shady

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Some audi owners (I have 2 along with a 98 E300) have had problems with falkens. For the money they're great but they seem to have more bad tires than some brands. You should try to find a "road force ballancing" machine to do your wheel/tire. This will fail tires that otherwise check out OK on regular balancing. Try a search for <Hunter road force> and you should get lots of info.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.