Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart coming to America in 2006

3K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  sflori 
#1 ·
According to "Spots n' dots (daily news of TV sales)" news item:

"Mercedes has given a project assignment to Kirschenbaum Bond & Partners, New York (an advertising agency), to work on the launch of its Smart car, coming to America in 2006."

Was this posted previously? :)

#6 ·
Paul_C said:
Howitzer, you stole my post! :D

Anyway, I'd feel safer in a first-Gen Lotus Elan than in a Smart. At least the Elan can get out of it's own way during the moose slalom test.
You made me spit gin 'n' tonic on my monitor.

Send me $100 for a new monitor.

#8 ·
You'd be driving around with a bullseye in one, but I've always wanted a first-gen Smart since I saw them parked all over London sideways between other parked cars. For some reason the doors were never blocked by the cars in front and behind, I could never figure that one out.

#9 ·
A German entrepenuer has taken it upon himself to purchase about 200 of the "fortwo"s into the US. They're currently in a warehouse in CA awaiting dealers to sell them. They've been given the saftey upgrades and are working on the stupid US emmisions stuff. They'll likely have a three year warrenty, but of course that'll be work done at a dealership here that isn't specifically a Smart dealership.

I wish they'd just sell the real deal here instead of us having to buy one through a middle man! But he'll make a bunch of money in the good ol' US way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.