Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once in a while when I start the car it dies and jerks and sputters. White smoke comes out of the exhaust with a heavy sulfer smell. The check engine light and ESP malfunction lights come on. If I start and restart the car numerous times and drive it limping and jerking for a few minutes and then restart it it runs like a charm. The malfunction disappears and the check engine light stays on for about an hour and then goes off. This only happens on cold starts. Techs at dealer find numerous error codes but cannot replicate. HELP!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
What....

You are driving a $120,000 car and are asking our advice! I fell in love with a your cars sister at a local dealer, and feel it is one of the best looking cars anywhere!! If I paid that kind of money I would demand they find the problem now, or bring me a new car. My lawyer would also be very involved. Good luck and i'll trade you my C230K + $1500 for the headaches of owning a CL55 AMG :) :mrgreen:

·
Registered
17 Posts
If the OBD reads error codes, the technician should be able to diagnose the problem and repair it without replicating the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts