Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen many people talk about doing this, or participating in a group buy, but... HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY BEEN ABLE TO DO THIS?

I would love to upgrade to the BiXenons, but so far.... I hear a lot of "would love to", but not... "Wow, Here's what it looks like".

Before and After Pictures would be great.

Waiting.
8)

·
Registered
8 Posts
contact Steve (MBenzNL). He frequents mbworld.org and bnzsport.com

I'm not sure if he's on this board.

Steve comes to the States several times a year to do retrofits of bi-xenons and Comands.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what "Bi" Xenons are but I did get a pair of Xenon lights for my coupe. I replaced my low beams with them. Of course, my parking lights then looked rediculous because they had the dull yellowish look to them while my headlights were blueish. Anyway, I went out and replaced the parking lights with blue ones so now it looks really good. Of course, I had to order another pair of bulbs to replace the high beams which are separate from the lowbeams. Also, I'll be going to get a pair of xenon bulbs to replace the foglights. It really has turned out to be a bigger ordeal than I had expected. The bulbs were very difficult to change the first time. Luckily, I got the hang of it by the time I had to replace the second set.
Anyway, I'm not sure if this helps at all. If I had planned ahead, I would have figured out that I would need to replace 4 sets of lights but it was an impulse buy. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been considering the H7 HID replacement system, but would prefer to retrofit with the OEM MB BiXenon system. I love the look of the BiXenon option, and focused (corrected) beam HID is really nice to drive by. I have seen several posts by people boasting that they are "about" to receive or install them, but as yet, nothing. I am seriously interested in installing them... my dealer has checked with the Western Canadian service manager who indicates that this is a no go... but he says that about everything that wasn't installed at the factory.

Looking for fact, not fiction!
:wink:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
A car without factory bi-xenons does not have the proper wiring harness for the bi-xenons. The regular wiring harness does not have the circuits for the headlight autoleveling system. Bi-xenons can be installed, but the autoleveling won't work. Most dealers will refuse to install them. The dealer will have to program the car for the bi-xenons to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts