Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen many people talk about doing this, or participating in a group buy, but... HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY BEEN ABLE TO DO THIS?

I would love to upgrade to the BiXenons, but so far.... I hear a lot of "would love to", but not... "Wow, Here's what it looks like".

Before and After Pictures would be great.

Waiting.
8)

·
Registered
8 Posts
contact Steve (MBenzNL). He frequents mbworld.org and bnzsport.com

I'm not sure if he's on this board.

Steve comes to the States several times a year to do retrofits of bi-xenons and Comands.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what "Bi" Xenons are but I did get a pair of Xenon lights for my coupe. I replaced my low beams with them. Of course, my parking lights then looked rediculous because they had the dull yellowish look to them while my headlights were blueish. Anyway, I went out and replaced the parking lights with blue ones so now it looks really good. Of course, I had to order another pair of bulbs to replace the high beams which are separate from the lowbeams. Also, I'll be going to get a pair of xenon bulbs to replace the foglights. It really has turned out to be a bigger ordeal than I had expected. The bulbs were very difficult to change the first time. Luckily, I got the hang of it by the time I had to replace the second set.
Anyway, I'm not sure if this helps at all. If I had planned ahead, I would have figured out that I would need to replace 4 sets of lights but it was an impulse buy. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
You did not get xenon headlights, which are High Intensity Discharge (HID) bulbs. You bought the fake "xenons", which are regular halogen bulbs with dyed envelopes. These produce less light than the stock bulbs, and often burn out much quicker.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been considering the H7 HID replacement system, but would prefer to retrofit with the OEM MB BiXenon system. I love the look of the BiXenon option, and focused (corrected) beam HID is really nice to drive by. I have seen several posts by people boasting that they are "about" to receive or install them, but as yet, nothing. I am seriously interested in installing them... my dealer has checked with the Western Canadian service manager who indicates that this is a no go... but he says that about everything that wasn't installed at the factory.

Looking for fact, not fiction!
:wink:

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
A car without factory bi-xenons does not have the proper wiring harness for the bi-xenons. The regular wiring harness does not have the circuits for the headlight autoleveling system. Bi-xenons can be installed, but the autoleveling won't work. Most dealers will refuse to install them. The dealer will have to program the car for the bi-xenons to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.