Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question, recently picked up a 230 coupe for my daughter, and it has an early build date for the '03 model, her car doesn't have the 1.8 emblems on the 2 fenders, yet I started seeing some of the others that do.

Did MBZ USA added these emblems as a production change during the '03 model year?

Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
sclui56 said:
Just a quick question, recently picked up a 230 coupe for my daughter, and it has an early build date for the '03 model, her car doesn't have the 1.8 emblems on the 2 fenders, yet I started seeing some of the others that do.

Did MBZ USA added these emblems as a production change during the '03 model year?

Thanks.
Mine also doesn't. When I was at the dealer in Long Beach, I also noticed that all of the pano roofs had a small (4"???) piece attached to the pop-up deflector, which mine doesn't have, either. Does anyone know the purpose of this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, in the meantime, I'm enjoying the vehicle on her behalf ;) It's a big change of Bhp coming from a FX45, but the 230 is a fun vehicle.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
tsberkey said:
Mine also doesn't. When I was at the dealer in Long Beach, I also noticed that all of the pano roofs had a small (4"???) piece attached to the pop-up deflector, which mine doesn't have, either. Does anyone know the purpose of this?
It is a little wind deflector. It eliminates, or at least greatly reduces, a very loud booming sound which occurs between about 40 mph and 55 mph when the roof in fully open and the windows are fully closed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lynn said:
tsberkey said:
It is a little wind deflector. It eliminates, or at least greatly reduces, a very loud booming sound which occurs between about 40 mph and 55 mph when the roof in fully open and the windows are fully closed.
So my dealer will put one on gratis, right? :wink:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yea right.......get real.....all manufacturers can make any changes they like during the model run......and are under no obligation to apply the changes to cars already produced. In other words, you lose!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
tsberkey said:
Lynn said:
tsberkey said:
So my dealer will put one on gratis, right? :wink:
The little deflector is cheap and easy to install. If you are on good terms with you service advisor, you might get it for free.

·
Registered
43 Posts
emblems of 1.8 on fender ,as what I was told by my local dealer its only on c230 coupe with the 17 inch wheel package. When I did look for my car at the time , it seemed to be a fact that it is only on the 17 inch wheel package.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts