Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife drives a 2004 C230K sedan which seems to be identical to my 05. We have the extended warranty and will be taking the car in on Monday for service because earlier today out of no where her car started idling sporadically and sputtering as if it was about to die and the check engine light came on. We've taken the car in to the dealer for every due service usually even slightly before it's due and always use name brand premium gas. The car operates completely normal past idle speed but once the car comes to a stop, it's shake rattle and roll time and starts jerking. Any heads up before Monday? Also, the car's digital readout still says "no malfunction" even with the check engine light on. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I've heard of that being a problem with these before. The car has 52,000 miles on it. Like I said, we bought the extended full warranty and if the cylinder head does need to be replaced with an updated one, will the warranty cover this?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks again, by the way. I looked in my pamphlet from my warranty and it says that the cylinder head, valves and guides and pretty much everything else in the head are covered by the warranty so everything should be fine, even if they find they need to replace the head.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since this little reared it's head, I've been hearing a rash of nasty rumors that these cars accompanied by this engine have a plethora of "stupid little problems", will this prove to be true? Should I trade both of ours in on something with a GM emblem on the key?

·
Registered
678 Posts
You have a newer 203 which is actually a pretty good car. It's the early ones (01-early 03) that were plagued with the most problems. The problem you have right now is the only real common problem that they have. That and maybe a leaky transmission connector. I wouldn't worry about it too much, if it all can get repaired under warranty.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much for all your input. I really do like the cars, I'm having a blast with mine and my wife enjoys hers. So far they're, (the dealer) telling me that all that ails the car will be covered by warranty. We'll find out for sure tomorrow though. Thanks again for the advice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, we took it in today...........a friggin cracked vacuum hose under the damn intake. That one little hose caused all that stupid trouble. The tech that worked on it said that it already had the updated version of the head on it so that should never be an issue. Anyway, just wanted to let it be known. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts