Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:evil: Tonight the nav/cd/radio screen did not change to the nighttime (black) screen. It stayed in the daytime (white) screen mode even though it has changed every night since the car was delivered 3 weeks ago. It is still set to change in the set up programming I did. Where are the ambient light sensors that "see" if it is day or night located? Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weird World of electronics

Yeah, That's pretty amazing...but state of electronics being what it is , (an exact sceince, and printed circuit boards today do their tasks error free every time every day) and the fact that MB seems to "over-engineer" absolutely everything, how do explain this. I mean, even a Gameboy does the same thing EVERY time. Is it poor engineering/design or asking a small computer to handle too much? I wouldn't believe its "Achh, Good Enough!"

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Audio

Made by, or designed by? In the Bose world, (ala Cadillac) the design is spec'd out by bose, and the unit is made by "Delco" and the Bose name is slapped on it because after arguing about price vs features they agreed on a final acceptable design to both.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
As far as I know, the audio is made by HK and the nav is made by Siemens. I have had three MB systems in my car. My COMAND was made by Bosch. The Audio 10 was made by Becker, and the standard US cassette player was made by Alpine. All were clearly labeled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts