Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else disappointed in the performance of the 1.8 ? I would be curious to hear from someone who has driven the c230 with the 1.8 and 2.3 .

I just got my car last week. I enjoy everything about it other than the engine ...I'd be willing to pay more for gas for better performance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did you get your car below invoice price?
I was wondering that 2003 cars is being sold soo low?
Maybe the performance not as good as previous 2.3 engine.
I own 2.3 engine with no complain with the engine. It's is the same engine as slk230.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've had my car for about 8 weeks. Mine was also a little "tight" when it was new. I've now got 3500 miles on it, and it is starting to break in. It is definitely quicker now than when it was new.

One caution: Don't be misled by the smoothness of the engine, this engine won't get harsh at high rpm's (which typically makes people think that the engine is really working). Although the engine never sounds like it is working hard, it is still making decent power.

Looking through the forums, there are some guys that have gotten low 7 sec. 0-60's with their 230Sport Sedans.

Give it some time, it'll probably loosen up considerably.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats good to know about the "breaking in" ; I have less than 100 miles on it at this point.

I bought it at invoice. I'd be curious to see how the 2.3 runs in comparison.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts