Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2022 Patagonia Red AMG SL55
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day All,
Car delivered third week in September. All was well until about middle of December. Received error message "Start Car to charge 12v battery. Drove car about 45 mins. All was well until Dec. 31. Got multiple error message and car would not turn over. Jumped. Took car back to dealer. All checked out. Needless to say, I am confused. Seems I have been driving enough to charge 12V batt. Also, anyone know how to turn off annoying "Welcome (and then my name)? Thanks. Happy New Year to all. Stay well.
J

· Super Moderator
1997 SL500 Sport pano triple black 2010 R350 - sold 2014 E350 - sold
151 Posts
Welcome. I’m not sure how to turn off the car’s voice. Perhaps your owner’s manual will help you there.
Is the battery still draining after the dealership checked it out? If so, you’ll need to look to see which system is still on when you exit the car.
As a stop gap, you could look into buying a battery maintainer, to keep it charged up between drives.

· Administrator
1993 SL500, 1998 SL500 Pano Top, 2005 ML270Cdi.
988 Posts
We had a similar topic from another member who had just bought a brand new car car from a Mercedes dealership.
This car would not start and had to be towed to the dealer for inspection, this happened quite a few times with the car spending weeks in the workshop.
The problem was with a second 48volt battery that kept failing. I believe that eventually a 'software upgrade' fixed the fault.
I don't know if the new SL55s have a similar system but it may be worth asking the dealer?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome. I’m not sure how to turn off the car’s voice. Perhaps your owner’s manual will help you there.
Is the battery still draining after the dealership checked it out? If so, you’ll need to look to see which system is still on when you exit the car.
As a stop gap, you could look into buying a battery maintainer, to keep it charged up between drives.
Have been giving serious consideration to your later rec. As far as the first, I cannot find an entry in the operators manual regarding muting the audio greeting. Have tried to scroll through functions in MBUX system, but cannot find any functions that remain active when the vehicle is off.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We had a similar topic from another member who had just bought a brand new car car from a Mercedes dealership.
This car would not start and had to be towed to the dealer for inspection, this happened quite a few times with the car spending weeks in the workshop.
The problem was with a second 48volt battery that kept failing. I believe that eventually a 'software upgrade' fixed the fault.
I don't know if the new SL55s have a similar system but it may be worth asking the dealer?
Supposedly they dis a software upgrade and reset all error codes. Time will tell. Thanks.
J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts