Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got (okay, my wife just got) an '05 C230 Coupe (This is the W203, correct?).

It came with 17" wheels. I am now shopping Ebay for a set of rim to put snow tires on (so I don't have to constantly remount tires). I would like to know if 16" rims will fit on this car. I think they should, since the 04's back came with 16's, but I do not know if they changed the size of the rotors front or rear for 05. Can someone let me know?

Also, if they will fit, what models can I use takeoffs from? I have read here that not all MB wheels will work. I know that they share the bolt pattern, so on other wheels is it simply the offset that will be a problem, or is there another variable that I am missing?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Since you have a coupe you can use 16" and even 15" wheels. If you had a sport sedan, you could not. 2004.5 and later sport sedans have the same brakes as a C32 AMG.

You can use 16" wheels from other W203's, w202 C class, R170 SLK, W208 and W209 CLK and W210 E class. There may be other older models too. I certain wheels from W201 would fit. There are also numerous inexpensive aftermarket wheels that will work, also.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts