Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have a 1993 190E 2.6 and the fuel line from the tank to the pumps is bad. This line is no longer made or available, so seemingly a custom made one is the only option. However, I had a thought and wanted to see if any experts wanted to comment on it. So this line is not a pressure line, it's gravity feed from the tank to the pumps. So my thought is to cut the tube off where it gets larger and connects to the rubber hose. Flare the tube end and just clamp on a new fuel hose. I don't see why this wouldn't work, but if anyone has thoughts or ideas please share. Attached is a pic of the hose. Thanks

Wood Hood Bumper Automotive tire Automotive exterior

·
Administrator
924 Posts
I've had problems with pressure hoses on many vehicles.
My 1993 SL500 blew a steering pump hose a while back, there was no OEM replacement available without ordering and waiting for several days. I took the old hose to a workshop that makes up pressure hoses for diggers like JCBs and they made one up there and then for only £23 or $28. The OEM MB part was going to be around £85 or $90.
It installed without any problems and is still good after about ten years. I believe that the pressure (PSI) specification was higher than the more expensive OEM part.

I would recommend that you just take it to workshop that makes hoses up to measure (y)

·
Administrator
924 Posts
Deja Vu!!

I recently successfully repaired a leaking fuel pump on my 1993 SL500 so I was surprised yesterday when I could smell petrol/gasoline.
Checking underneath the car it was a pressure hose from the fuel filter to the fuel pump that was leaking. This was probably due to its age and moving it around when repairing the pump. (See photo of the old hose and the pieces that had to be cut and brazed onto the new hose)
I took it to my local workshop who make up pressure hoses. They had to cut and braze the end fittings to the new hose fittings and made a very neat job of it.
The new hose is now fitted with no leaks.
Total cost €40 or $40

Cable Composite material Electrical supply Cleanliness Wire

Reactions: BoatWaco

·
Super Moderator
1997 SL500 Sport pano triple black
30 Posts
I had a fuel pump and line replaced on my 97 SL500 a little over a year ago and am now starting to smell fuel at times. Thee was one line the Indy couldn’t source. I did finally find that line after a length eBay search - I never had considered getting a new line made up. Thanks @RedLiner for pointing out, again, this option.
Now to find said type of shop in my town.
- TCB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts