Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on the car (1969 Merc Benz C230 inline-6 2-carb 40k miles automatic) from a friend of mine. Its been sitting for 10 years, it was running 7 years ago, but hasn't been started since. I live in Las Vegas, which is desert, so rust or hydrolock isn't a big issue here. I am going to be cleaning the carbs, the cylinders, and the entire car. Amazingly its in great condition except for the roof liner and the rubber weather seals. It even has the original spare tire/jack and the owners have the original title. What I really want is to get it running first, before I get it ready for selling to someone who can do a much better job restoring it than me. My question is for those that have done this before, are there any tricks of the trade I should know about during tear down and rebuild? Any useful tips or tricks for hard parts? I do my work on my chevy cobalt and on my motorcycles (one's injected and one's carbureted) so I'm not completely out of my element, just never done anything out of my era before haha........

·
Registered
4 Posts
so you want to do a tear down and rebuild before you sell it to be restored? I dont think that will be very financially advantageous for yourself. Anyways get a rebuild manual that will be priceless. What are you going to do about the weather seals? I need to replace those in my '63 w111 and i havent had much luck locating a reasonably priced set...

·
Registered
49 Posts
The shape of the car is being designed to make it aerodynamically favourable, and it assists in maintaining the stability and fuel economy of the car

1 - 3 of 3 Posts